Bedtime Story

I usually don't like writing stuff related to ongoing seasons (especially when they haven't even started airing here), but I just couldn't help doing this one.

Next update will be the second part of 'Boundaries' (I promise!), I just can't write that one on the bus 😂.

This one-shot contains minor spoilers for SoG (but pretty much everyone knows about those bits anyway).

There wasn't really a quiet moment with all the Ninja (at least not all of them in one piece), Harumi, and PIXAL together after Cole has found the baby, but let's just pretend there was 😏...

A Bedtime Story for Baby Wu

"I'm going to put Cole Jr to bed now." The Earth Ninja stated, putting away the tiny teacup he had used to feed the 'mysterious baby'.

The Ninja and their allies were all sitting in the Destiny's Bounty's common room, focused on polishing their weapons (except for Cole, obviously).

"Are you gonna read him a bedtime story?" Lloyd piped up.

"A bedtime story?" Cole raised a bushy eyebrow.

"Yeah, you know. When you first took me in, Uncle Wu would always read me a bedtime story, that was nice." Lloyd smiled fondly at the memories. But then he realised that everyone, including Harumi, were staring at him. "Uhm... I mean, that was a looong time ago, and I am way to old for that now..." He blushed.

"Yeah, just as Jay is too old for sleeping with his teddybear..." Kai teased the Lightning Ninja.

"You know all too well that I don't have Mr Cuddlywoomps anymore." Jay protested. "Because someone destroyed him." He glared at his best friend.

"My poor Jaybear." Nya hugged him. "You know, if you ever feel lonely in your bed and need someone to cuddle with..."

"I can't hear you." Kai yelled, covering his ears with his hands.

"And you should not talk like this in front of Cole Jr." Cole chided his friends.

Jay crossed his arms. "I didn't start it." He said. "Kai did."

"No, Lloyd did." Kai pointed at the Green Ninja.

"All I did was ask about reading a bedtime story to the baby."

"Lloyd's suggestion is actually a very good one." Zane stated. "Reading or telling stories to young children is good for their mental development."

"And it would be a nice change from Cole's singing." Kai smirked.

"What's wrong with my singing?" The black Ninja wanted to know.

"What about 'everything'?" Kai retorted.

"Can you please stop arguing in front of the child?" Harumi asked softly, noticing that the baby had started to whimper during all that shouting.

"Rumi is right." Lloyd immediately agreed.

"Of course, she is." Kai snickered.

"Do we still have the old books?" The Green Ninja ignored his best friend's teasing.

"We do, but they are all at the Temple now." Nya explained. "But maybe one of us remembers a nice bedtime story?"