Switched (Part 2)

Wow, this book has just reached over 17,000 views and 1,000 votes 😱 - thank you all so much for reading and enjoying my stories !!!

Switched (Part 2)

Keep still, Kai. I am almost done." Nya demanded as she was straightening her brother's currently short raven black hair.

"But this feels strange." Kai complained.

"And so does carrying a hedgehog around on my head." Nya stated. She took the red rose from her nightstand and put it in Kai's hair. "Looking good, bro." She smiled at him. "Are you ready for your date with my boyfriend?"

"No." Kai stated. He stood up and started fiddling with his sea blue dress, undecided whether he should pull it further down to cover more of 'his' legs or pull it up to show less cleavage. "But now that I've agreed to this arrangement there's no point putting it off any further..."

"Never put off until tomorrow what can be done today." Nya smirked.

"Well, in this case it would probably be better, because we'll hopefully be back to nomal by tomorrow." Kai sighed. "Alright, let's go."

After one final check in the mirror, the siblings exited Nya's room and took the stairs down to the temple's main hall.

Jay was already impatiently waiting for them, a picnic basket standing on the floor next to him.

He excitedly bounced over to the person that he thought was his girlfriend and pulled her in a hug. "Wow, you look lovely." He whispered, gently running his hand through Nya's short black hair. "I like what you did with the flower."

"Thanks." Kai gave him a forced smile. Why did we just spend over half an hour straightening the hair if he messes it up again in less than half a minute? "I had some help from my brother."

"Wow, I'm impressed." The blue Ninja closed his eyes and leaned in.

"Ahem." Nya loudly cleared her throat, making Jay jump. "Are you two going on a date now or are you going to make out in front of me?"

"Uhm..." Jay blushed. "I... uhm... we better go now." He said, grabbing the picnic basket with one hand and the female's small hand with the other. "See you later."

As Jay pulled him towards the exit, Kai turned around to look at Nya who was grinning widely. "Thank you." He mouthed at her.

"Have fun." She winked. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

——-

"Is he stil watching?" Jay asked, when they were standing outside in front of the temple.

"I-I think so." Kai lied.

"I am so happy we have the whole day to ourselves away from the others." The Master of Lightning smiled at him.

Kai swallowed. "Yeah, me too." He tried very hard to sound excited.

"It's a very nice day, so I thought we could fly to Ninjago City and have a picnic in the park." Jay explained. "Hybrid Dragon?" He suggested.

"Yesterday was quite a long day, I'm still a bit tired." Kai faked a yawn, remembering that he still had his own elemental powers. "Maybe I can ride with you today?" He asked, batting Nya's eyelashes.

"Sure." Jay handed the picnic basket to Kai before summoning his Lightning Dragon. As they were flying towards the city, Kai held onto Jay's shoulder with his free hand.

"Are you alright?" Jay asked. "You seem so distant..."

"Yeah, all good." Kai replied. "I just... can't sit closer to you because of the picnic basket." He added, trying to sound upset about it.