Weekend for Four / Part 2 (*)

Dinnertime

About an hour and a refreshing shower later, Jay and Nya entered the hotel's main restaurant. They were both dressed in their common favourite colour – Jay wore a blue button-up shirt with navy trousers, and Nya had chosen a sleeveless light blue lace skater dress that came to just above her knees.

"Good evening, Mr and Mrs Gordon." They were welcomed by the restaurant hostess. "Please allow me to show you your table. Mr and Mrs Chen are already waiting for you?"

Jay and Nya followed her through the restaurant.

"Mr and Mrs Chen?" The blue Ninja wondered.

"Yes, they just arrived here, maybe two minutes ago. When they checked in at the hotel earlier today, they told our colleague that you were old friends and former colleagues who they hadn't seen in years, so we took the liberty to arrange a table for the four of you."

"Thank you, that was very considerate of you." Jay replied politely, although not very excitedly.

The hostess led the couple to a more private corner of the restaurant, where they found Kai and Skylor already sitting at a round table tastefully set for four persons.

Kai was dressed in a way quite similar to Jay's, wearing black slacks and a crimson red button-up shirt. Skylor's feminine curves were accentuated in her black velvet sweetheart dress.

Jay and Nya took the two remaining seats and the hostess handed them their menus. A young waiter followed and wordlessly served each of the four friends a glass of champagne.

"A little aperitif to celebrate the reunion between old friends." The hostess explained. "We will give you a few minutes to catch up with each other before we'll take your orders."

"Thank you." Jay replied. He then raised his glass. "To Mr and Mrs Chen, it's so nice to see you again after such a long time." He joked.

"Likewise, Mr and Mrs Gordon." Kai retorted. "I have missed our old friends... damn, this makes me feel really old."

"Me too." Nya laughed. "So, you also chose not to use our real name..." She said to Kai.

Her brother shook his head. "I may not remember it myself, but you told me what the people in Stiix did with those awesome Kai action figures a while ago... not too keen on ending like them."

They continued their conversation throughout the dinner. And although it may not have been planned this way, the two couples very much enjoyed taking their meal together.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" Skylor enquired, as they were having their dessert.

"We'll have some Spa treatments tomorrow morning." Nya told the Master of Ember. "But we have nothing planned for the afternoon, so we're just going to be either at the beach or the pool. What about you? You also booked a Spa package, didn't you?"

"Yes." Skylor nodded. "But our treatments are on Sunday. We are going horse riding on the beach in the morning. And them in the afternoon, we will be at the pool, I am doing a mermaid swimming class."

Nya chuckled. "Was this my brother's idea?"

"What do you mean?" Skylor asked surprised.

"Nya, no." Kai groaned.

"When we were little, he had a little crush on Ariel..." The Water Ninja burst out laughing.

Kai buried his face in his hands. "I hate you."

"No, you don't." Still giggling, Nya patted him on the back. "And in case you are thinking about getting revenge, Jay already knows about Ken..."

"Aww, that's so cute." Skylor cooed. "And if it makes you feel better, I was in love with Woody. Mmh, maybe I should get you a cowboy hat for your birthday..." The redhead's mind drifted off for a short moment, before she cleared her throat.

"Ahem, anyway..." she said, a little blush on her cheeks. "The activity was actually my idea. It's supposed to be great fun. Why don't you join?" She suggested to Nya.

"Yeah, why not. I love all kinds of water activities. At I've never really had a chance to have some girl bonding time with my brother's girlfriend."

"And what about me?" Jay enquired, obviously disappointed that he would get to spend less time with his girlfriend.

"You and Kai can have some guy bonding time."

"Yeah, it's not like we never spend time together."

"No, you don't." Nya stated matter-of-factly.

"What?"

"You train together, you fight together, you play video games together. But the two of you never really hang out just as friends."

Jay still wasn't too convinced of her suggestion. "And what are we supposed to do? Braid each other's hair?"

"You don't touch my hair." Kai chimed in.

"Well, you can just have a drink and talk and such." Nya placed a chaste kiss on his cheek, before she whispered in his ear. "Or you can just watch us if you want."

-----

After dinner, the four elemental masters left the restaurant.

"Shall we have a drink at the bar?" Kai suggested, while they were walking towards the lift

"No, I think we'll go upstairs. We still have that bottle of champagne in our room..." Jay winked at Nya. "It was a gift from the hotel."

"How come you got champagne?" Kai complained. "We only got a complimentary bottle of sparkling water."

"Because they have booked a suite, and we only have a standard room. That was all we could afford." Skylor explained apologetically. "Unfortunately, a restaurant owner who still has to do compensation payments for her father's forced labourers makes less money than a movie star. Which is still more than a ninja, if I may say so."

"Looks like both of us are getting spoiled by our partners this weekend." Nya nudged her brother. "We should remind mum and dad that they owe us fifteen years worth of pocket money..."

"Good idea, sis. So, shall we then go to your suite and kill that bottle..."

"Uhm, As much as I enjoy your company, we would like to do that on our own." Jay told his girlfriend's brother. "How about, we'll get you an upgrade, so that the two of you can enjoy your own complimentary champagne in your own suite?"

"Yeah, I get what you mean." Kai smirked. "It was a stupid suggestion, I get that. But we really can't accept your generous offer."

"No, you have already paid for the wine at dinner." Skylor agreed with the her boyfriend. "We don't want to have to tell our future nieces and nephews that their aunt and uncle drank away their college funds..."

"Skylor." Jay gave her a serious look. "My father left me a lot of money. So, unless we want to have a whole rugby team, that is very unlikely to happen, no matter what else will happen this weekend. And I still don't feel like I deserve to have it anyway, so... we might as well use it for a 'good cause'. Also..." The Master of Lightning's handsome face suddenly clouded over and he swallowed hard. Nya, who knew what he was going to tell their friend, took his hand and gave it an encouraging squeeze.

"Skylor, you probably have no idea what I am talking about right now." Jay continued. "But believe me when I say that I owe you. We owe you. Big time. So it really would be our honour."

"A-alright then." Skylor hesitantly agreed. "Thank you."

"No, thank you." Nya confirmed, giving her friend a grateful smile. "And I promise that we will explain everything to you at another time, just not today, okay?"

Skylor smiled back. "Sounds good to me."

"It's a deal then." Jay happily sprinted off to the reception desk.

"You really don't have to feel bad for accepting his offer." Nya reassured her brother and friend. "We've also had a few arguments about Jay insisting on spoiling me all the time, but he has explained to me that he just isn't used to having a lot of money, and now suddenly he owns more than he can ever possibly spend, so he just loves to share it with the people he loves. So, please don't worry and just enjoy it." The black-haired girl then hugged her brother and his girlfriend. "We'll see you tomorrow. Have a great night."