Here With Me // Jay x Nya

First of all, I would like to say Thank You! for all your amazing support. I had posted the previous chapter just before going to bed last night, and when I woke up this morning it had 14 likes and 20 comments... Just felt like Christmas all over again 😄. The second part with Jay's parents will be up some time later this week!

But one of my New Years Resolutions was to work my way through those old, unfinished drafts/story ideas of mine, so you can expect quite a lot of updates based off those... (btw, I have started a new book called 'Ninjago Pilots' where I am going to publish sneak peeks/test chapters for the 'bigger' book ideas!)

This one-shot is set shortly after Skybound (yeah, I have a lot of unfinished 'after Skybound' one-shots 😉!), and it is not related to any other of my works.

WARNING: It is NOT a light and fluffy story - character death and PTSD !!!

And the song lyrics don't fit the plot, I just took the chapter title from it... and I really like the song.

——-

Here with me

Lying in Jay's arms, Nya smiled weakly at the love of her life.

"I never wanted to be part of your boys club anyway." The dying Water Ninja stated, as her small hand caressed his stubbled cheek.

But unsurprisingly, her feeble attempt to cheer him up didn't work, for she could see those stunning blue eyes of his welling with tears.

"No, Nya." He choked out. "Don't say that."

The blue Ninja's voiced was laced with fear, fear of losing her yet again.

Nya, however, was not scared. She couldn't afford to waste whatever strength she had left on something like that. She needed all her energy to make these final moments last for as long as she could.

The black-haired girl dropped her arm, it had become too heavy to hold it up any longer. Her eyes felt heavy too, but she fought to keep them open. She wanted to see his handsome face for as long as she could. Hear his cheerful voice. Feel him him hold her tight. Smell his familiar, comforting scent of milk and honey (although it was undeniable that he hadn't showered for a couple of days, but who would complain about that right now).

Nya was sad though that she would not be able to taste his kiss again, she simply did not have enough time left. With every breath she took, it became more and more difficult to fill her burning lungs with oxygen.

But... she couldn't just leave like this. She had to tell him how she felt.

"I guess it's true, the greatest love stories do always end in tragedy." She barely managed to bring out these words, before her body fell limb and everything turned black...

——-

Clutching the front of her sea blue nightgown and gasping for air, Nya shot up in her bed.

It was just a dream. She told herself. Everything is alright. This never actually happened.

But at least the last part wasn't true. It did happen, even though nobody except her and her boyfriend remembered it. Why else would it hurt this much?