Something Blue (Part 1) // Jay x Nya (*)

Thanks everyone for all the votes and lovely comments on the previous chapter , I was so glad to see that you liked it!

This is the first part of the wedding reception/dinner/party. (The title will make more sense in the next chapter.) I really enjoy writing this part, and also I want to wrap up the whole wedding storyline, so I am lagging a bit behind with my other books, including the Halloween Special (but it's actually not really Halloween related anyway so I will just post it a bit later...).

And just to annoy everyone one last time (I promise!) – please vote for your preferred Christmas Special option (see the Announcement). Counting the combined votes from here and from FF, it's currently a tie between two of the options...

——-

Something Blue

"Hey."

Nya grinned at her brother, who was casually leaning against a tree, a half-full champagne flute in his hand and watching their friends and family enjoying themselves at the drinks reception in honour of the marriage between the Masters of Water and Lightning.

Nya and Jay had chosen a small yet luxurious hotel just outside the city as venue for their wedding celebration. It was a lovely late afternoon, so most guests were gathered on the private terrace, chatting to each other while having a drink and some snacks, whereas a few people were even using the opportunity to take a little stroll through the beautiful gardens.

"Hi sis." He smiled back. "Finally done with all your wedding pictures? Where did you leave your husband?"

"Jay just went to check on his parents, Edna was pretty emotional during the ceremony." Nya explained. "So, what is such a handsome young man doing here all by himself?" She teased him. "Hiding from fangirls?"

"More like getting used to the fact that my baby sister is now a married woman who doesn't need me anymore." Kai told her, unable to hide the slightly sad tone in his voice.

Nya hugged her brother. "Even as a married woman, your baby sister will always need you. Just... not in exactly the same way as when we were kids. Did I ever thank you for everything you've done for me?"

"More than once." He replied. "And I am really glad that one of my closest friends is now my brother-in-law. I hope we'll always remain close, even when we all have our own families one day."

"I am sure we will. And speaking of having your own family, do you any plans for that?" The bride's eyes fell on her red-haired maid-of-honour who was talking to Seliel, and P.I.X.A.L., probably coordinating some of the events for this evening. "I've always wanted a sister. And I've developed rather accurate throwing skills over the last couple of years, you know?"

"I'd say we aren't there yet." Kai stated. "I hope we will be at some point. But right now, I am just looking forward to having more time for each other again."

"I know we've kept you both busy with the wedding and such. And I wasn't too easy to deal with." Nya blushed. "I don't think we would have made it this far without all your help... and Jay has told me how much you've already helped him before his proposal."

"Yeah, to be honest I wasn't sure he would make it through the weekend at mum and dad's, when he asked them for their blessing." Kai smirked. "But in the end, it all went very smoothly."

"Good thing mum adores her new son-in-law." Nya sighed in relief. "But I'm not falling for your attempt to divert. This whole day may be about us, but if you ever need us, Jay and I will be more than happy to return the favour, okay?"