Breaking the News / Part 2 (*)

Sorry about the delay on this update, I had a pretty busy weekend. Also, I kinda wanted to wait until the main issues with the server would be resolved. (My notifications are slowly catching up now!) But I have promised bear2710 to post this chapter today, and I tend to keep (most of) my promises 😂.

Couldn't find a better chapter title, so I've just called it Part 2 😄. If anyone has another suggestion, please let me know!

And you can still vote for my '200 Followers Special'! Thank you 😊.

-----

Breaking the News (Part 2)

"How are you feeling, Nya?" Jay turned his head to face the rather pale raven-haired woman sitting behind him. "Holding up alright?"

Flying through the Sea of Sands, the newly married couple were on their way to see Jay's parents for lunch – and to share some exciting news with them. But Nya was not feeling very hungry right now.

"Stop moving around." She groaned, struggling to suppress the feeling of nausea rising up her throat.

Even the slightest movement of the Lightning Master caused his elemental dragon to wobble. And needless to say, Nya was not happy about this. She was resting her chin on her husband's shoulder, the arms tightly wrapped around his midsection and her eyes fixed on the horizon straight ahead.

Although she didn't like to depend on anyone else – not even on her husband – the pregnant Water Ninja had agreed to ride with Jay on his Lightning Dragon today, feeling too unwell to control her own or even their hybrid dragon.

"Sorry, love." Jay apologised. He chuckled. "Please don't throw up on me."

"Believe me, I am trying my best." Nya stated dryly. "Although it might be a good training for when we will have a baby..."

"Ugh, not looking forward to that part." Jay remarked, trying to steady his suddenly rather shaky hands. As much as he was ecstatic to start a family with the love of his life, he was also incredibly nervous about the prospect of becoming a father. "You think you'll be okay?"

"Are you talking about having our child puke on me or the visit to your parents?" Nya laughed. For some reason, Jay always found a way to make her feel better, even if it was involuntarily.

"The latter." He replied. "We can worry about the other part at a later stage."

"I agree." Nya smiled. "And don't worry, it should be alright once we're at the junkyard. I've had the same kind of motion sickness coming home from our honeymoon. And I wouldn't want to disappoint your parents."

The older Walkers were very excited to have their son and daughter-in-law over for a visit, they hadn't seen their son and his new wife since their wedding three weeks ago.

"You are right." Jay said fondly. "I love you, Nya."

"I love you too. But I will love you even more, if you promise me a smooth flight back."

When Ed & Edna's Scrap N Junk finally came into sight, Jay slowly descended the dragon and gently landed it right in front of his parents' trailer. He helped Nya slide off before dispelling it.

Nya sighed in relief as her feet finally touched solid ground – or at least the warm sand – again. She waved at her parents-in-law, who must have heard them arrive as they were just coming down the stairs outside their home.

"Hello, son." They waved back. "And Nya, so wonderful to see our lovely new daughter-in-law."

Nya smiled happily hearing them address her that way. But as soon as she started to slowly walk over to them, the young woman suddenly started to feel another rush of nausea.