Valentine's Misunderstandings // Jay x Nya (Movie)

A couple of days late, here's a little movie-Jaya Valentine's story.

[It makes a little reference to a one shot that I still have on my 'to write' list – Movie Zane meeting PIXAL which makes him finally accept himself as a robot 😉.]

Valentine's Misunderstandings // Jay x Nya (Movie)

It made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Nya Smith was a Ninja; and not only was she a fearless warrior, the black-haired girl was also an extremely skilled mechanic, a smart student as well as a confident and most of all independent girl. And not too bad looking either.

So, there really was no reason for her to be upset, just because she hadn't received any cards or gifts on this Valentine's Day.

Yet she was.

And of course, this made her even more angry, because she knew she was being ridiculous.

Especially as it was not like she had never experienced this before - in fact, it had happened to her every single year so far.

Until a few months ago, the Water Ninja and her teammates had been the six least popular teenagers at Ninjago High School and quite possibly in all of Ninjago City – associating yourself with the so-called 'spawn of evil' apparently does have this effect – but ever since the 'Meowthra incident' and the discovery of the Secret Ninja Force's true identities, things had significantly improved for the six friends.

So, of course, the five male Ninja had been absolutely flooded with cards and chocolates today, Lloyd undoubtedly being the most popular one. Kai, Nya's own brother, was a close second, but the others weren't doing too badly either, especially as Cole was very likely to get a few more at the club tonight. After Zane had finally embraced his robotic nature, the number of his fans had also drastically increased, although he didn't really care as he had already found 'the one'. PIXAL was a droid as well, and one could really say that the two were 'made for each other'.

And even the blue Ninja's locker had almost burst with cards this morning. Although 'even' was definitely not the right word.

Sure, Jay Walker was more cute than handsome, with his adorable freckles, his stunning blue eyes, his messy brunette locks (Nya had more than once wondered if they would actually feel as soft as they looked), and his kind gentle nature. But that didn't make him in any way less attractive.

And since the Ninja's newfound popularity had boosted his confidence, people had finally realised that he was not only a smart but also a very funny guy, and he had been asked out a few times.

But to Nya's knowledge (and relief), he hadn't accepted any invitation so far. Not that this was any of her business, of course, she just wouldn't want to see one of her best friends getting hurt. At least that's what she'd been telling herself, for she would never admit to have a little crush on one of her best friends.

But none of those 'best friends' seemed to care much about her, as not a single one of them had shown up for lunch.

Sitting all on her own at the group's usual table in the school canteen, Nya was stirring her spoon around a bowl of bland looking soup, while the rest of the group were probably too busy counting and bragging about their cards.

"N-Nya?" A familiar voice snapped her out of her thoughts. Nya turned her head to see Jay standing next to her, looking rather pale and smiling nervously at her.

"Hey Jay." She flashed him a little smile as well. "Sit down. You having a great Valentine's Day so far?"

"Uhm... yes." He blushed, as he remained standing. "B-but speaking of V-valentine's Day... uhm... I-I wanted to give you th-this."