Apologies // Jay x Nya (*)

This one-shot kinda continues from the previous one. No, not the wedding (yet). I got the idea when we were in the car, and they played the song 'Baby can I hold you' (by Tracy Chapman) on the radio. I think that, after a fight, Jay would usually be the one to apologise and take the blame, so Nya would still find it hard to do that (although I have made her apologise for the stupid love triangle mess a couple of times in my stories).

-----

Apologies

It was already dark when Kai returned to the Temple of Airjitzu, after spending a very nice and very relaxing afternoon with his girlfriend in Ninjago City. He would have loved to stay away for longer from the currently very tense atmosphere at the flating temple, but unfortunately, Skylor needed to work tonight, and the red Ninja had promised his sister to help write the place cards for her and Jay's wedding dinner.

Yes, after what felt like years of planning and preparation, there were only two more days until the Masters of Water and Lightning were finally getting married – and literally everybody (even including the bodiless Sensei Yang) at the Ninja's headquarters was stressed out about it.

When Kai entered their monastery, he found it to be surprisingly quiet. Usually, the happy couple was in the sitting room, arguing passionately over some small – and in everyone else's opinion insignificant – details for their forthcoming nuptials.

As much as he loved his little sister, Kai couldn't deny the fact that over the past few days, Nya had turned into a proper bridezilla, having horrible mood swings and either blowing up or bursting into tears (or both at the same time) whenever something wouldn't go her way.

Slightly worried about the unusual silence, he carefully peeked into the room and found the raven-haired female sitting at the table, all on her own and resting her head on her arms. Nya was obviously crying, for Kai could see her muscular shoulders shaking.

He carefully approached his younger sibling and sat down on the chair next to her. "Hey, sis. What's the matter?" He enquired, gently rubbing her back. "Where's Jay?"

Nya raised her head, and Kai noticed once again how pale and tired his sister looked.

"I don't know, and I don't care." She muttered. "The wedding's off."

Kai embraced her in a tight hug, as she started sobbing again. They silently remained like this for a few minutes, until Nya had calmed down a bit.

"What happened?" Kai finally asked.

"We-we've had a fight." Nya replied meekly.

"Yeah, I've guessed that much..." Kai remarked.

"We were discussing the seating plan for the dinner." Nya explained. Her brother sighed. Of course, it had to be the stupid seating plan again.

While neither of them had a big family, Nya and Jay had invited many friends from all over Ninjago, including their fellow Elemental Masters, representatives from four of the five Serpentine tribes, and many more. And they had been 'discussing', i.e. arguing, about who to place next to whom at which table for the last three evenings.

"As you may have noticed," Nya began, and Kai nodded in confirmation, "we were having some trouble with this. So, Jay had Zane and PIXAL run a simulation to predict the perfect arrangement. But their solution means we need to have twelve slightly smaller tables instead of ten bigger ones. So Jay, Cole, and Lloyd have spent the afternoon at the venue, moving tables."

Kai raised an eyebrow. "And where's the problem about that?"

"He just did it without thinking or talking to me first. We've only got flowers for ten tables."