Movie Night / Part 1 // Jay x Nya

This one-shot is a request for Loki God of Evil (one of my friends on FF): 'Jay invites Nya to his father's home for a cosy evening. Then Jay surprises her and dresses up as all of his favourite superheroes, courtesy of Cliff Gordon's expansive costume collection.'

Set somewhere between Skybound and Hands of Time.

-----

A Special Kind of Movie Night (Part 1)

"So, tell me. Where are we going for our date?" Nya asked, her arms tightly wrapped around her boyfriend's waist, as they were flying over one of the fancier outskirts of Ninjago City.

"It's a surprise." Jay replied with a smirk (which, luckily, she couldn't see from her position behind him). "You'll just have to wait and see."

The Master of Lightning was taking his girlfriend on a surprise 'dinner and movie' date, so this was one of the rare occasions where he was the one steering their Hybrid Dragon. Usually, she wanted to be the one in control, in everything they did.

Which also meant that Nya was most certainly not happy with his answer.

Jay could feel her glaring at his back. And he was sure she would have let go of him and crossed her arms in annoyance, if the Water and Lightning Dragon hadn't just started to descend. The Blue Ninja skilfully landed it on a clear spot inside a small forest.

"We have reached our final destination. Captain Walker and his crew would like to thank you for flying with Hydroelectric Airlines." He announced. "We hope you enjoyed your flight and would like to welcome you on board again very soon."

"It wasn't a bad ride, but don't get used to being in front." Nya replied, laughing. The Water Ninja had apparently forgiven his earlier secrecy and curiously took in their surroundings. Together, the couple dispelled their dragon, before Jay took Nya's hand to lead her across a cobblestone path through the woods.

"Now, can you finally tell me where we are? This doesn't look like a restaurant..." Nya enquired.

"That's because it isn't. And you've been here before - well technically you haven't, argh, this is just too complicated. So, let's just say you might recognise this place from before..." Jay told her.

As they kept walking, a large, luxurious mansion soon came into their view.

"Oh, isn't this...?!" Nya started.

"Yes." Jay confirmed. "It's my birth father's villa. Or rather, it was his house. Today, when I went to see my parents, we actually had a meeting with his solicitor, who confirmed that Cliff Gordon really was my father, and that he left everything to me when he passed. After that, we came here to look through a few things."

"Wow. That's quite some news." Nya was impressed. "Have you already decided what you're gonna do with this place?"

"I-I would like to keep it. I think this is what he would have wanted me to do. And he left me enough money to maintain the whole estate, even if we don't use it right now. And..." Jay blushed. "I guess it could make a nice family home one day. Of course, that won't be my decision alone..." He quickly added, just too well aware of the fact that his girlfriend preferred to make her own choices.

But Nya smiled at him and gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. "Hey, we don't have to decide that today, but I also think that keeping the house is the right thing to do."

Jay took the keys from his pocket and opened the door. "Welcome to my humble abode... again." He announced, turning on the lights in the main hall.