Breaking the News // Jay x Nya (*)

Here come the second (and highly requested) 'What comes after Jay and Nya's wedding?' chapter. You can probably guess from the title what is going to happen in this one 😉...

——-

Breaking the News

"Sis, mum just called." Kai yelled through the Temple of Airjitzu. "Dad is just parking the car, so Cole and I are going to now going down on our dragons to bring them up here."

The very remote location of the Ninja's new headquarters on a floating island was both a blessing and a curse. While it helped keeping enemies and fans away, it also made it rather difficult for their actually wanted guests – like the mailman, their parents, and of course Kai and Cole's girlfriends – to pay them a visit.

And while she had felt perfectly fine sailing through wind and weather during her honeymoon, the pregnant Water Ninja was suffering from severe motion sickness riding her dragon. Therefore, the Master of Earth had offered to go down with Kai to bring the siblings' parents up to the temple.

"Okay, thanks." Nya shouted back. "Take your time." She added in a more quiet voice, as she nervously checked her reflection in the mirror for the umpteenth time that morning. In honour of her parents, she had chosen a short fire red silk Cheongsam dress delicately embroidered with sea blue floral details.

"You look beautiful." Jay wrapped his arms around his wife from behind. "And don't worry, you really can't see anything yet." He reassured her, gently placing his hand on her flat stomach.

"But then, why don't we just wait a bit longer before we tell them?" Nya asked, interlacing their fingers. "Like a few more weeks... or maybe months?"

The couple had returned from their honeymoon a few days ago, and were now busy catching up with their friends and families. And they had some news to share with them...

"Because we've agreed that we would tell Maya and Ray today, before we go see my parents tomorrow. Too many people already know about the baby, and I don't want either of our parents to find out from a third party."

Nya turned in his embrace. "Or maybe you are just so bad at keeping a secret that you are afraid you will accidentally spill it otherwise..." She teased her husband, planting a kiss on his reddening cheek.

"That might be another reason, yes." Jay admitted. "Now, c'mon, we should go meet your parents outside. After all, they are here to see you."

"To see us." Nya corrected him, taking his hand. As they stepped outside, they could already see the Fire and Earth Dragons, carrying two persons each, approach the temple grounds. After flying a couple of turns around the temple, they landed safely in front of the red brick building. Kai and Cole dispelled their Elemental Dragons as Nya and Jay rushed down the stairs to greet her mother and father.

"It's not as much fun as flying ourselves, but I still enjoy a little ride on a dragon." Maya laughed, her long dark hair slightly tousled from the flight. "Your son is almost as good as you were." She affectionately told her husband.

"Almost?" Kai protested. "If that's what you think, then you can see how you're going to get down again."

"We can see about that later, my son. We haven't come all the way up here here just to worry about going home." His mother stated. "I want to spend some time with my children first." She embraced her daughter. "Nya, my dear. You look amazing, marriage must be treating you well. And I am sure, so does your husband." Maya winked at her.

"Thanks, mum." Nya smiled. "Yes, we are doing great." She then turned to give her father a hug and a kiss on his bearded cheek, while Jay was wrapped in a firm embrace by his mother-in-law.