First Love // Kai x Skylor (AU)

A/N:

Yay, this oneshot makes it four updates (totalling almost 7000 words) in three days *giving myself a pat on the back*!

Just a few announcements before I start:

Just in case you haven't seen it yet, I have removed the chapters for I am Nya from this oneshot collection; the story is now in a separate book, and all new chapters are only published there.

Also, I have joined a oneshot writing challenge by Jay-Lightning and started a new book for this purpose. The Writing Challenge Book (yeah, very creative title...) will probably contain lots of non-canon pairings.

And while I am at it... today is the 1st October, so I am going to start writing my Halloween story very soon 🎃.

And because I'm a bit crazy, I am already planning this year's Christmas story 🎄!

But now back to this story. I've (finally!) managed to finish the request for KitKat783: an (AU) Kailor story. Enjoy!

-----

First Love (AU)

Kai ran one hand through his slightly damp spiky hair, silently muttering a curse that the eleven-year old boy should definitely not say out loud - and that he probably should not even know the words of.

Today was a very hot day at Master Chen's Island Holiday Resort. The late afternoon sun was burning down, and all children were playing and having fun in the spacious hotel pool.

Well, all children except one.

Kai Smith had never been too fond of the water.

Unfortunately, that meant that, even though it was only the third day of their family holidays, he was already bored to death. He had just finished reading his second book, and he wasn't allowed to take either his phone or his handheld video game system down to the pool.

So right now, he sat in a sun lounger and watched his little sister happily splashing around with the other kids, while he himself was counting down the hours until they would finally go home and back to his friends.

He stood up. "Mum, can I please go get an ice cream?" He asked his mother in the lounger next to him.

"Of course you can." Maya replied. She took off her sunglasses and looked at her oldest child. "Are you alright, Kai? Why don't you play with Nya and the other kids? They look like they are having so much fun."

Kai knew that his mother and father were worried about him. Back home, he had many friends and was usually the first one to participate in any fun activity.

So he gave her a small fake smile and lied: "My book was just too interesting, and I wanted to finish it first. I will join them tomorrow."

His parents had worked very hard, so that they and their children could enjoy a family holiday at the popular five-star resort, so he didn't want to upset his mother by telling her the truth - the truth that he hated this holiday.

"Alright, sweetie." Maya smiled back and handed him a couple of coins from her purse. "Will you bring one for your sister as well, please?"

Kai walked over to the pool café and bought two ice cream cones. Walking back, he was so focused on not dripping the melting ice cream on his favourite new t-shirt, that he didn't pay attention to where he was going.