Together again (Part 4)

Final part of this little story. But first a few announcements (I still find this new notification thingy super annoying and I really don't like to post anything on my message board):

Unfortunately, I cannot accept any new story requests at the moment. Don't get me wrong - I love getting requests but I hate to disappoint people if I don't get to do theirs. And I already have a very long list of one shot ideas just for this book plus a few other ongoing projects (and also a life outside of wattpad).

This brings me right to the second announcement: I have published a new book for an OTP Writing Challenge (a little couple's moment for each Ninjago season - surprisingly not exclusively Jaya 😉) and also my 400 Followers special (as per popular vote). And as soon as the writing challenge is finished, I will also start another new Jaya story (description and first chapter are in my Ninjago Pilots book).

——-

Together again (Part 4)

Nya unwrapped her arms from her boyfriend as she spun around to face her parents. "Mum. Dad." She beamed at them. "Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

"We did, sweetheart." Maya smiled back at her daughter. "Very well indeed."

"Yeah, but right now I feel like I'm in a bit of a nightmare..." Ray muttered, earning him a not-so-gentle nudge from his wife.

"Ah, don't be such a grouch, my darling." She laughed. "I bet you're just jealous that your daughter got her coffee before you did."

"Ladies first." Nya smirked. "I normally don't like getting any special treatment because of my gender, but when it comes to coffee..."

"Uhm, I-I am so sorry, Mr Smi- uhm... Ray." Jay was quick to apologise. "I sh-should have offered you something as well when you cane in here, that was very thoughtless of me. W-would you like a-anything to drink? We have regular coffee, espresso, cappuccino, latte, mocha, caramel macchiato, black tea, green tea, jasmine t-..."

"No, thank you. It's fine." Ray harshly interrupted the blue Ninja's stream of words. "That can wait." He glared at the couple. "But something else cannot."

"So, uhm..." Nya firmly grabbed her boyfriend's hand, mainly for encouragement but also to ensure he would not try to escape through the open window. "As you have probably guessed already, Jay and I, well, we are dating." She tried to put it as casual as possible, hoping that Jay would understand her choice of words.

"Just dating?" Ray raised an eyebrow. "As in, nothing too serious? It didn't look that casual to me here earlier..."

"Why do you have a problem with me having a boyfriend?" Nya wanted to know. "You seemed perfectly fine last night when Kai was talking about Skylor."

"First, your brother is two years older than you. And second, he only mentioned that he liked the girl, they were not all over each other in front of us. And before breakfast."

"We were not all over each other." She protested. "I was just wishing Jay a good morning."

"Well, the definition of wishing someone a good morning must have changed over the last fifteen years." Ray claimed. He narrowed his eyes. "Are you sleeping together?"

"What?" Nya gasped.

"Ray." Maya snapped at her husband. "I don't think that this is a conversation we should have before breakfast. Or... at all."

"Are you two sharing a room?" He insisted.

"No, we are not." Nya tightened the grip on her boyfriend's hand. Poor Jay looked like he wanted to hide under the counter. Or in the dishwasher. Just anywhere. "But Jay sometimes sleeps in my room, especially when we've been through a lot and need to comfort each other - just like last night. And it's not a secret. The others know about it, including Kai. And Master Wu did as well."

"Your brother knows?" Ray was surprised. "He-he was supposed to be looking out for you."

"Oh, believe me, he is." Nya smiled. "It's fair to say that he used to give Jay quite a hard time about us." Jay nodded vigorously in agreement. "And to be completely honest... I haven't always made it easy for him either. But we're all good now. And Kai-approved."

"Well, I have to give you my respect for that, boy." Ray stated, a hint of a smile appearing on his lips. "From what I've seen of both my children - and even more so if they take in any way after my beloved wife and me - that is quite an achievement."

"Thank you, Sir." Jay released the breath he hadn't realised he had been holding ever since this conversation had started. Now he could finally get back to his pancakes.

Yet, Nya wasn't done yet.

"But just so you know." She looked her father straight into his eyes. "Even if he or you or anyone else didn't approve, I still wouldn't give him up. Because it's my decision who I love."

"You do what?" Ray and Jay gaped simultaneously.

Nya turned to her boyfriend and gazed lovingly into his deep blue eyes (which were wide open in surprise). "I love you, Jay Walker."

"You-you've never told me that before..." The blue Ninja replied.

"Well, I should have. Because I do." Nya affirmed him.

The Water Ninja then placed her hands onto her hips, feigning disappointment. "But is that really all you have to say about it?" She pouted playfully.

"O-Of course not." Jay smiled. "I love you too, Nya. I love you so much." He cupped her face with his hands and drew her into a deep kiss.

"Awwwww." Maya cooed, resting he head on her husband's shoulder. "Our little girl is all grown-up."

"And we have missed most of her and Kai's childhood." Ray remarked.

"I know." Maya sighed. "But we can't change what happened so let's not ruin their moment."

"By the way, this 'not changing the past thing' reminds me, we still need to ask the children to return the Reversal Blade to the Boiling Sea." Ray remembered. "But better after breakfast..."

"What's going on here?" Kai asked his parents as he, Cole and Zane joined them in the kitchen. "Oh, not again." He groaned when he noticed his sister and boyfriend kissing and dramatically covered his face with his hands. "It's way to early for that."

"I agree." Ray nodded. "Good morning, son."

"Hi dad. Hi mum." Kai greeted them through his fingers.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Maya affectionately ruffled his spiky hair.

"I hate to interrupt you-" Kai called to the lovebirds. "but what about breakfast?"

"What about you help us?" Jay retorted as the couple reluctantly broke apart.

"Morning, bro." Nya punched his shoulder. "And I know you just love interrupting us."

"You're right, I do." Kai smirked. "But while two might be happy just eating each other's faces, I'd really like some proper food."

Ray and Maya observed the banter between the siblings and their friends as everyone helped to finish the breakfast preparations.

"The past is the past..." Ray mumbled. "... and the future is the future."

Maya is right. He thought. We cannot change what happened. And maybe one day in the future we will be able experience everything that we've missed with our grandchildren - no rush about that at all though!

"We only have today." Maya added. "And now that we're finally all back together, we'd better make the most of it."