Like Family // Together Again (Part 2)

As the title suggests, this chapter continues 'Together Again' 😉 (which I wrote ages ago).

Back then, I said that I might write more for that storyline if people were interested. I had almost forgotten about that but a recent comment from Lujan2710 (Thank you!) has now given me an idea for this chapter.

Together again (Part 2)

When Maya woke up early the next morning, all was still quiet in the Temple of Airjitzu. After the eventful previous day, everyone was most likely still sleeping, just like her husband next to her.

The former Master of Water rolled over to place a soft kiss on his stubbly cheek. "Good morning, my love." She said softly.

"Five more minutes please." Ray groaned in his sleep. "I'll work faster to make up for the time."

Maya laughed. "You can sleep as long as you want today, my dear." She lovingly ran her hand through his spiky black hair. It had been a long time that the blacksmith couple had been allowed to sleep in - or even sleep in a comfortable bed like this. "Remember? We're finally free - no more Vermillion armours or helmets." She reminded him. "Kai and Nya have saved us, we're staying with them and their friends. I'm gonna get up and see if I can help with anything."

She got up and slipped into a fresh sea green dress that Jay had brought from the Four Weapons last night. She quietly left the guest room that she and Ray were staying in and walked down the stairs to the ground floor, while admiring her children's home.

The Temple of Airjitzu was a indeed very impressive building; it was built in the traditional Ninjagian style, similar to the old monastery where she and her teammates had lived and trained way back then - as their children had told her and Ray, it had burned down a few years ago - but this one here was much larger and certainly a lot more luxurious as well. She was rather glad that she and Ray had been given their own bedroom while staying here rather than having to bunk with the younger Masters. Although even that would have been way better than their last accommodation at the swamp...

When Maya reached the ground floor, she was surprised to hear a clattering sound coming from across the hall. Following the noise, she came to the kitchen, where she found Jay already up. The energetic blue Ninja had his back turned to the door and was humming a little tune while cracking eggs into a bowl.

"Good morning, Jay." Maya greeted him. "You're up early."

Jay dropped the empty shell as he spun around. "Uhm, good morning, Mrs Sm- uhm Maya." He replied with a light blush on his cheeks. "It's my turn to make breakfast today, and... well, we didn't really discuss it after what happened yesterday, but I thought it might be best to just stick to our normal cooking schedule for now..."

"That's very thoughtful of you." Maya smiled at him. "And probably everyone will be hungry when they wake up. Can I help you with anything?"

"Uhm, if you don't mind." He said. "I am making pancakes, because I don't think Lloyd's gonna make us train this morning. Could you maybe fry the bacon please?"

"Sure." Maya looked around.

"Aprons are over there if you need one." The auburn haired male informed her. "You can take the light blue one, that's Nya's. The pink one is Zane's, in case you're wondering."

"Thanks." Maya said as she put on her daughter's apron. She then took a pack of bacon from the fridge. Jay had already placed some pans on the stove.

"You're organised." She remarked. "Do you enjoy cooking?"

"Thanks. My mum has taught me how to cook." He explained. "I am not as good as Zane, but at least my food hasn't given anyone food poisoning yet."