Never Again // Jay x Nya

This one-shot was another reader request from FF:  Jay's thoughts about Nya and Kai going after the Time Twins.

I loved the idea because it gave me the perfect excuse to re-watch Hands of Time (I ended up binge-watching the whole season over the weekend XD). Hope you'll enjoy this!

Warning: Contains spoilers for HoT.

Never again

It  was already getting dark, when the Masters of Fire and Water returned  to their home. If Nya wasn't so tired, she would certainly enjoy the  beautiful vision of the sun going down right below the floating Temple of Airjitsu.

She was sitting behind Kai on his Fire Dragon, holding onto his waist and resting her head on his shoulders.

The siblings had spent the day helping their parents settle back into the Four Weapons.  After staying with their children as well as their old and new friends  for a couple of days, Ray and Maya had decided to move back to Ignacia.  And although their children had tried to keep the shop in order even  during their absence, there were still many things that needed to be  done in their old home.

It had been a long and tiring day for the  four of them, so Kai, being the ever-caring big brother, had offered to  give his younger sister a lift back on his dragon. And Nya, being  thoroughly exhausted, had gladly accepted his offer. Creating and  controlling an Elemental Dragon – or half an Elemental Fusion Dragon –  required a lot of strength that she just didn't have right now.

As  they were approaching the floating island, Nya spotted a single figure  sitting in the courtyard in front of the temple. He was sitting in a  slouched position, looking at the ground, so she couldn't make out his  face, but the auburn hair and the blue Ninja gi identified him as the  Master of Lightning, her boyfriend Jay.

The Water Ninja smiled.  She had called him just before the siblings left their parents' house,  to let him know they were on their way. It was kind of cute that he come  outside to wait there for their – her – arrival.

Nya called out his name and waved at him from above. Jay looked up and waved back, a small, almost relieved, smile on his face.

As  the Fire Dragon was flying low over the courtyard, Nya gracefully  jumped off, using her Spinjitsu to break the fall. She stopped right  next to the now standing Blue Ninja, who immediately embraced her in a  firm hug.

"I am so happy you are home." He mumbled into her black hair.

She  pulled back and gave him a surprised look. "C'mon, I was only gone for  the day." She told him, giving him a quick peck on his lips. "But I've  missed you too."

"Yes, even one day is still a way too long time  without you. And then there's also the dangerous journey... I was glad to  see that Kai took you home on his dragon tonight."

Nya wriggled herself out of her boyfriend's arms. "What's that supposed to mean?" She asked in a very annoyed tone. Over the past few days, Jay had started to become more protective of her than Kai had ever been. "I am more than capable of flying myself. As you of all should know." The Water Ninja reminded the Lightning Master of that time when she saved him by piloting their Hybrid Dragon. "I was just tired, we had a long, exhausting day." She grasped his hand. "C'mon, let's go to bed."

But Jay didn't move. "Are you alright?" Nya enquired.

"I-I'm sorry, I really don't doubt your skills, I just don't like to see you riding that... thing, okay?" He told her.