Flump Sho(r)ts / Part I

As many of you will know, there if currently a 'Ninjago Flumptober' one shot challenge happening on here. I am not fully participating – mostly due to lack of time, but 've also covered quite a few of the themes before – but I am writing little stories for some of the prompts. Empasis on 'little' – I post them on my message board, which means a character limit of 2000 characters per story (although I've failed that one more than once already). For those who aren't following me and/or don't read message board entries, here's (the first part of) my Flump Short Collection.

---

Day 4 – "Your feet stink."

Set between seasons 7 and 8.

Even as a highly skilled Ninja with sharpened senses, Nya sometimes found it difficult to hear anything over the ruckus that her teammates made. Yet, there were two sounds that the Water Ninja would never miss – the gentle humming of the Destiny's Bounty's motor (having spent far too much time in the engine room to ever be able to forget it) and her boyfriend's unmistakable – and unmistakably loud – laughter. And putting those two together only meant one thing:

"They're back." Nya exclaimed, jumping up to her feet and rushing outside into the courtyard.

"Jay." She excitedly greeted the Blue Ninja who was just sliding down a rope from the flying ship, him and Cole having just returned from yet another quest in search of Sensei Wu.

"Nya." At the sound of her voice, Jay jumped down the last metres. He elegantly landed on his feet and immediately spun around to face her. Nya was just about to jump into his open arms, when-

She stopped.

"What happened?" Nya questioned, giving him the once-over. Jay's formerly blue gi was covered in a layer of slimy, oddly shimmering mud and – he stank abysmally.

"Toxic Bogs." Cole, who had followed his best friend down the rope, replied dryly, looking and smelling just as awful as the other. "No Sensei Wu there – the only thing we found that's worth mentioning was a very slippery plank bridge." He sighed. "I'm gonna take a long hot shower. And then we'll need Kai to burn these clothes." He trudged towards the low building.

"No hug before you've had one as well." Nya crossed her arms at her boyfriend. "And leave your boots outside. You too." She shouted at Cole who was leaving a track of muddy footprints behind him.

"Yes, ma'am." The two male Ninja complied.

"Ugh, your feet stink, Walker." Nya gagged. "Go, take a shower."

"So do yours, Smith." Jay retorted, and Nya realised that she was standing right in a puddle of mud that had dripped from the now-brown Ninja's uniform. He smirked at her. "Care to join me?"

Nya watched as the muddy figure disappeared inside the red brick building "I'll just give him a little headstart." She decided with a little smile.

---

Day 7 – First word you think of

Takes place during early season 2 (while they're living in the crappy apartment). When the others are away, the Original Four play 'Truth or Dare'.

"Cole." Zane addressed his teammate, having just completed his own dare. "Truth or Dare?"

"Truth." The Black Ninja aswered.

"What is the first word that comes to your mind when-"

"Cake."

The Nindroid gave him a confused look. "You did not let me finish my question."