The Morning before the Wedding // Jay x Nya (*)

So, I am going to continue this existing Jaya storyline until the wedding (and actually a bit beyond because I got a request for a Kai x Skylor chapter within this storyline).

Thank you so much for all the votes and the kind comments on the previous chapter. I found it very hard to put my favourite couple through a stupid fight, so it was really nice to get some positive feedback. (And this chapter should hopefully make up for the lack of fluffiness.)

But there was a deeper reason behind Nya's behaviour, and while I was worried that I had made it too obvious, there was only one reviewer on FF.net who has made the right guess 😉.

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy this one!

-----

The Morning before the Wedding

When Jay woke up, he immediately noticed three things: One, he was not in his room at the Temple of Airjitzu. Two, it was just getting light outside. And three, he was on his own.

None of this was in any way surprising. It was the morning of Jay and Nya's wedding. While he and the guys were staying at Cliff Gordon's villa, the bride had spent the night at her brother's girlfriend's apartment, together with Skylor, Cole's girlfriend Seliel, and the recently rebuilt PIXAL.

Thanks to the 'special occasion', there had been no Sunrise Exercise for the Ninja today, and the wedding wasn't until early afternoon, so Jay still had a lot of time before he would have to get up and get ready. So, the sleepy blue Ninja briefly wondered why was he already awake?

That was when he noticed a fourth thing, a buzzing sound coming from his nightstand. He checked his phone and his handsome face broke into a bright smile when he saw who was calling him.

"Good morning, beautiful." He answered the phone. "Did you sleep well?"

"Good morning, handsome." Nya's voice replied. "Not too bad but I've been awake for a while. How about you? Hope I didn't wake you up."

"Yeah, I've slept alright." Of course, he had been (and still was) very anxious about the upcoming wedding, but his brothers had made sure that he had just had enough – but not too much – to drink to sleep reasonably well. "Although I've missed you. So, I don't mind being woken up by your lovely voice."

Since he had moved into her room a few weeks ago, the pretty Water Ninja was now usually the last thing Jay would see before falling asleep and the first thing after waking up. The only exception had been that one night last week, where Nya had made him sleep on the couch in the game room after one of their pre-wedding arguments. And she hadn't been too well for the last couple of days, so Jay had sometimes woken up to an empty bed and the sound of her throwing up in the en-suite bathroom.

Yes, they desperately needed a break and some time for each other. Tomorrow, they would be going on their honeymoon, a sailing trip on Cliff Gordon's yacht.

"I've missed you, too." Nya told him. "Which is why I am outside your place. I was thinking we could maybe go for a short walk before all the madness starts?"

"Sounds great, I'll be down in a minute." The Master of Lightning quickly freshened up and changed into his clothes from last night that were still lying in a pile on the floor (Nya would have told him off for that), before he left his room and silently walked past the guest rooms, hoping not to disturb his still sleeping brothers.

When he came downstairs, he found Lloyd passed out on the couch, hugging an (rather unskilfully) mended Mr Cuddlywomp.

"Good morning, Jay. How are you feeling on this fine day?" The robotic voice of the Titanium Ninja called to him, as he tried to sneak past the kitchen, where his nindroid brother was busy cleaning up. He was programmed to wake up at the same time every morning, regardless of the day – or the night before. Jay would never understand why Zane still insisted on washing the dishes with his hands, even though they finally had dishwashers installed in all their residences, but at least he was wearing rubber gloves, so that no water would hopefully get into his robotic hands. They had not brought any spare fuses with them.