FALLING Like the Stars

(Author can't think of a title 😅 so she entitled it with one of the songs she listens to whenever she's writing this fanfic💜 please forgive this lazy uncreative author 😩😶)

Still, enjoy reading!

A smile spread all over Gusion's face the moment he came at the rooftop of the Headquarters.

Zen City had no moon or sun, and the only thing lighting it up was the giant dish thousands of feet over it, shining down like a makeshift moon, giving a faint glow.

But its lack of sun was patched up by how bright the skyscraper's lights were.

Every building in the center area had their whole exterior as monitors, flashing moving images the whole while.

The corners of the city, which was where their headquarters were, was adorned with different colors of lights.

But it wasn't the reason why he had this smile on his face.

It was because he found whom he had been looking for the whole evening.

She was sitting at the top of the water tank, oblivious of his presence as she stared at something up ahead.

He doubted if she knew how magnificent she looked right now, with her hair being blown by the soft breeze of the night, her entire form being showered with the soft glow of the neon lights from the next building.

She looked like a fallen angel longing to go back home in the heavens.

Gusion paced towards the water tank, and climbed up.

"What are you looking at?" He asked as he sat crossed -legged next to her.

She merely gave him a glance and went back to staring at a particular something up above. "What do you want this time, Paxley?"

"I want to know what's going on inside that head of yours."

She finally looked at him, straight in the eyes as if contemplating whether he was worthy of her thoughts.

"You want to know what I'm thinking right now?"

"Yes."

She looked up and pointed upwards. "I want to go there."

Following her gesture, he realized she was refering to a sphinx gargoyle potruding at a high point of the next building.

"And sitting down here makes me realize how useless I have become." She continued.

"You're not useless." He argued, suddenly irritated that she was seeing herself that way.

"How do you know that?" She asked, her gaze sharpening at him like lightning. "You can't even remember the me before."

He frowned, hating how she pointed that out. "I just know." He answered stubbornly.

"If I had my magic, it would've just taken a few leaps and I would've reached that place."

He got to his feet. "Is that the only reason why you're having these thoughts? You want to go up there?"

She looked up at him, her brows arching up.

"Well then, get up and I'll take you there."

"No, you don't need to——Paxley!" She yelped as he bent down and yanked her into his arms.

He felt her arms tighten around her as she looked down and realized they were already high up from the floor.

"Put me down, Pa——!"