BAD LIAR

Gusion was in the rooftop now in his full armor, looking around to make sure everyone was ready for their agenda.

The Venom Squad was loading Hanzo into a bubble car, Hanabi on the driver's seat with Angela on the back, tying Hanzo with her magic strings as Harley and Grock stood right outside, making sure he won't escape.

Chou, Aurora and Karina were huddled next to another car. Chou was pulling his gloves tight, a faint flame already visible in his knuckles as his gaze squinted with determination. Aurora had been cold as ever than Gusion could even feel the sting of cold breeze slipping in the gaps of his armor where only his suit was covering. Karina, on the other hand, was tightening her combat belt that was filled with ammunitions and grenades all around her waist.

Then something landed right in the middle of the rooftop in a hard impact, followed by the loud revving of engine that made everyone turn to its direction with a disapproving look.

"What the hell, Johnson?!" Chou yelled in complain as the vehicle transformed into humanoid form after Layla and Cyclops climbed out of his interior.

Behind him came flying down Saber with his rocket jet and Rafaela with her wings.

"Emperor Scorpion..." Saber greeted. "Is everyone ready?"

Gusion looked around. He had been waiting for a particular someone to arrive, and he was getting impatient at every minute that passed that she didn't show up.

But he wasn't going to show anyone that.

Baring his feelings out was useless right now.

"Your favorite's not yet here." He answered .

"And by my favorite, you mean your former lover."

"She's not--!"

"We're late! But we're here." Guinevere's voice cut him off.

Gusion whirled around, ready to scold her for making such an important mission wait for her.

But his words got scattered back all over his scrambled mind as he saw her.

Guinevere. Standing just a couple of yards from the threshold, looking like she was going into a ball rather than some retrieval operation.

Her hair which was now chestnut brown curls fell all the way down her waist, a couple of curls falling at the side of her face just enough to emphasize how pretty and small it was.

She's got a corset around her body that revealed her curves, and her skirt belled out all the way down to her ankles, only that it had a slit in the middle.

He always thought she would be beautiful in her noble clothes, and he probably had seen her in gowns before he lost his memory, but the sight of her in that form was more than he could take that his brain malfunctioned.

He couldn't even help looking at her from the head down a couple of times before he stumbled with some words, "W-why do you look--beautiful--I-I mean, why are you in a ball gown?!" He corrected, recovering halfway.

But Guinevere merely rolled her eyes and stepped close him.

It took him a lot not to pull her close or cross the gap between them.

She looked up at him. He had always found it amusing how she still had to crane her neck up to look at his face despite how high her heels were.

"Trust me, this isn't the first time I went into an attack looking like this." She said.

"That's the problem, Lady Guinevere..." He answered, his jaws clenching as he fought for control of himself. "I'm having a hard time trusting you lately."