FORBIDDEN LOVE

Guinevere was falling, probably to her death, but all she could think about was to keep the man over her safe.

Gusion was falling right over her, his brows crunched up in desperation to take a hold of her. But she was just falling too fast.

She didn't even try to fight the fate that was coming to her.

She just stared up at Gusion's face, because it would probably be the last time she could.

At least she would die with the depths of his blue eyes as her last memory.

She rummaged through the folds of her dress and finally took out the vial she had been keeping safely with her.

She pulled its cap open with her fingers and held it out for Gusion. They were just close enough for their fingers to touch, and with that gesture, the Venom creature immediately spread out of his entire body and formed an armor.

She didn't trust the creature at all. But right now she knew it was the only one that could save him. Hopefully.

He reached further for her, but Guinevere had no plan of bringing him with her own fate.

Maybe this was for everyone's good. She had been wanting things to end lately anyway.

This was her answer.

She could finally find peace.

She stared at Gusion's face as she felt herself nearing the ground, and she braced for the upcoming pain to come.

But then a pair of strong arms came right under her and brought her back up again.

Guinevere gasped and yelped as she looked at Gusion's direction, her eyes wide as she watched him hit the ground.

She looked at the one who saved her and saw that it was Vermilion.

He placed her down to her feet and she was about to head towards Gusion, her mind spinning at the worst situation.

But she stopped when she saw Angela, a flush of relief flooding through her chest the moment she saw that she was healing him.

Gusion was still lying face first in the ground, but Guinevere could see his chest rising and falling as he breathed.

He was alive.

That was all Guinevere ever needed at the moment.

"Are you alright?" Vermilion asked.

Guinevere turned to him.

He had a genuine look on his face as he stared at her, his eyes looking a pale shade of gray against the dim moonlight.

He held her by the arms and looked down her whole form, checking if she was alright.

"I'm alright." She answered, the thought of almost dying had just dawning on her mind.

And only then had she started feeling afraid.

She was afraid she might not be able to see the people she valued again.

"You almost died, Lady Guinevere." Vermilion said, a hint of irritation present in his voice.

But Guinevere couldn't really give him her full attention. She was busy glancing at Gusion's direction every now and then.

Then she glanced at the door where the Ball was still being held, the guests unaware of what was happening ten floors over them.

Until she saw the crease on Vermilion's forehead as he stood there, silent and watching her.