In the Northern Vale

Gusion and Guinevere had crossed the waters between Ursula Academy and Northern Vale by the time the sun was at its peak, but it wasn't really apparent at the place they were in.

Everything around them were covered in snow, and Gusion regretted that he did not add more of his clothing as he felt the cold seep right to his bones.

He took Guinevere's gloved hands and gripped it tight. He knew she was also struggling with the cold.

He gazed to the towering mountain right ahead of them, with its top covered with clouds.

He wondered how they could possibly reach there.

But he kept going. He knew they would freeze to death if they stopped.

As they went further up the moment, the weather went harsher as well.

Mild snow storms were constantly slapping there faces with the cold to the point that it got numb.

"I still couldn't understand how your favorite cube could not just teleport us into the top." Guinevere complained during the hike.

"I told you already, I can't if I still haven't been to the place!" Gusion snapped. "Are you really still holding a grudge that I took it?"

"Well? You guys had been fighting for it nonstop, why is it being so useless now?"

"I already apologized that I took it, didn't I?"

"Still doesn't change the fact that you took it from our friends who desperately need it right now."

"We desperately needed it to be together!"

"Well, thank you for that." Guinevere said, sarcasm dripping in her voice. "Who knows? Maybe it's the one making you go all crazy."

"Crazy?" Gusion asked, frowning.

"Like last night?" She reminded.

Gusion glared at her and scoffed bitterly. "You just have no idea, don't you?"

"Blank. Confused. Totally puzzled."

"YOU'RE THE ONE MAKING ME CRAZY, GUINEVERE BAROQUE!" He snapped, let go of her hand and went ahead.

Only to stop and look back at her.

She was frozen in place just staring at him with confusion.

He let out an irritated sigh amd went back for her and started dragging her along again.

"We got a long way to go." He reminded her.

But before they could go any further, something started moving the snow.

The spears came out first, almost a dozen of them in both sides, followed by bodies as white as the snow where they got up as if they had burried theirselves in there for the element of surprise.

Gusion and Guinevere backed away and was about to run back from where they came from.

But a couple of them blocked their way and advanced, trapping them right in the middle of their group.

As Gusion stared, he saw how their skin were so dry that it looked like it started peeling off from the cold, their eyes were as blue as pale ice, their expressions sending shivers down his spine.

"Who dares enter our Majesty's kingdom?!" The one in the middle asked, his voice deep and muffled as if it came from the ground.

He was the biggest of them, and he had this staff with a diamond at the top instead of a spear.