OVERFLOWING

GUSION was sitting at the edge of his bed, delaying the time when he should go downstairs and join the ball.

He was fully dressed in a dress shirt and loafers, his hair combed neatly.

But he would rather be there in his chamber all night than to go downstairs and see something that would then again make a hurricane inside his chest.

He wanted to see Guinevere, make sure she was alright. He was certain she would be dazzling tonight, just as she was every time.

But the idea of her being with his brother all night hurt him enough to make him a coward.

A knock on the door came, interrupting Gusion's raging thoughts.

He went to open the door, and saw Lesley.

She was dressed up in a royal blue dress with ruffled skirts, the color complimenting her eyes and making her red braided hair look flaming.

She looked beautiful than ever, but it just made Gusion even more guilty.

Gentlemen would probably line up just to get to know her, and here he was stringing her to a betrothal he wasn't even sure he could commit to.

"Les...what are you doing here?" He asked.

"What are you doing here?" She asked back. "Everyone's already downstairs."

"Oh." He answered, and finally exited his chamber.

He offered her his elbow, and she clung her arm around it as he led her down to the Great Hall of the Paxley House.

They were still at the spiral staircase leading towards the Great Hall when Gusion spotted Guinevere amongst the crowd, his heart immediately skipping a beat.

She was in the middle of the room, sweet orchestral music playing as she danced with his brother.

And as they turned, he got a clear look at her.

Her dress had shimmering diamonds in its voluminous skirt, making it look like she had reached for the starry night sky and stitched it up for her to wear.

As Gusion and Lesley reached the Great Hall, he saw how affectionately his brother was staring at Guinevere, and instantly he felt a great of amount of jealousy he didn't know he could feel.

It was so grave he almost head towards them and pull Guinevere away from his hold.

But he managed to restrain himself.

His brother's eyes shone differently as he stared at Guinevere the entire time, and he couldn't blame him for having such admiring look on his eyes at the lady he was dancing with.

After all, Guinevere, on all account, was undeniably, extremely, stunningly admirable in every graceful move that she did.

He tore his gaze away from such painful sight and turned to Lesley.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked.

Lesley smiled, and Gusion led her to the dance floor.

He placed a hand on her back and held one of her hand near their shoulders with his other hand. Then he led her through the dance.

They were so used to dancing with each other that Lesley already knew exactly the right time when he would turn her around.

But Gusion's eyes couldn't help but look over Lesley's shoulder, where he could see Guinevere and Vermilion.

His mind itched with curiosity as to what they were talking about that Guinevere had a smile on her face.

Seeing her show that to someone else made his chest flame up, because no one could ever resist falling for that smile.