TROUBLED AND CONFUSED

Hello. Sorry for the 2-day delay. Been experiencing writer's block. 😢

..................................................................................

Gusion awoke with a start and found himself in a carriage.

"How are you feeling?" Lesley asked as she looked down on him.

His head was over her lap while his body was sprawled over the bench. Hanabi, Granger and Harley were sitting across them.

Gusion got up, only to grunt as he felt his head spinning and his stomach hurting like he was going to pass out again.

"What happened?" He asked as he frowned and held his head.

"You don't remember?" Hanabi asked, her voice irritated. "You were almost killed by the girl you worked so hard to save."

Gusion leaned back and looked down, having remembered the last scene before he passed out.

It was true. Guinevere had just hurt him. Physically and emotionally.

The pain he felt that time resurfaced, it was like he was helplessly watching Guinevere walk away from him again.

She was the last person he expected to ever use her magic on him. But she did.

And though he knew part of the reason why she did that, it still hurt that she really managed to do that to him.

He was really losing her. Maybe her stay with Dyrroth had really awakened some evil part of her.

Thinking about it awakened the fear inside Gusion again, worsening the physical pain he had in his stomach.

"Where are we going?" He asked, changing the subject. "And where did we get a carriage?"

"Lancelot arrived, together with some Castle Gorge soldiers. He's already taking Guinevere home."

Gusion sighed.

He knew fully well she did not want to be home, but hearing it relieved him.

She would be safe there. Lancelot would not let her out of his sight again.

"I can't go home yet." He said, glancing at Granger and Lesley apologetically.

"Yes, you can." Lesley insisted.

"No, Les, I can't."

"Enough of this stubborn attitude, Gusion!" Lesley exclaimed, taking Gusion aback by the sudden rise of her voice. "Your body needs rest. Lots of it."

"But—!"

"You need to go home, Gus." Hanabi cut him off.

Gusion stared at her, surprised.

"Guinevere still got your Venom."

So many things had happened that he almost forgot about it.

"Do you really have to get that one particular Venom?" Granger asked. "Can't you just...give him one of yours?"

"It doesn't work that way." Harley, who had been silent for a while, spoke. "Venoms choose their hosts and they don't pick just anybody. We've tried it on ourselves before."

"Then why did Guinevere manage to get Gusion's?" Lesley asked, frowning in confusion.

"We don't fully understand that, too." Hanabi answered.

"Where is she?" Gusion asked, partly because he wanted to get the Venom immediately, but mainly because he just wanted to see her after thinking he was losing her again.