Immortality

"Damn it!" MIYA heard Alucard cuss as he got thrown back by the impact of a missile hitting shattering the floor.

His wounds heal so quickly now, but Miya still couldn't stop worrying every time he got hurt.

She was so used to caring about him on all the fights they did side by side that she couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that he was a damphir; a creature born from a human and the first ever vampire in history.

That just made him even stronger than he already was.

But for her, he was still someone she needed to protect.

Her thoughts were cut off when his eyes turned on her.

"Miya, can you take that damn shooter down?" He asked.

"I'm on it." She looked over head.

The flying machinery was too big to move fast. It would be an easy shot for her.

She aimed her arrow up when she heard a series of shots.

In a split second Alucard got right next to her and blocked the incoming bullets with his sword.

Their eyes met as he said, "I got you."

She blinked and tried to focus.

It had always been so fascinating that she had loved him for years now, and still he could fluster her and make her heart flutter every once in a while.

She climbed up the table and leaped up the remaining side of the roof.

Then she made her aim.

Saber and his squad were still in the air, taking down another one of the flying machineries.

Miya aimed her arrow at her target; a man in a shooting vest, his hands busy on the holster of the large weapon.

She took her shot and watched as her arrow whipped through the air and hit the man right in the chest.

She didn't have time to watch him fall down for she turned and started shooting the others as well.

She ran and jumped to the other side of the roof when one of them fired at her, the debris falling down to Angela and Cyclops who were now tending the the unconscious man with spectacles.

She got distracted upon making sure they were alright that the missiles hit her foothold, making her yelp as she fell and ended up hanging on the roof by her arms.

Her eyes widened when she saw how the barrel of the missiles turned red as it got ready to fire at her again.

Before it could happen, Alucard jumped towards the helicopter, tilting it to the side and making it fly a little away from the HQ with him still hanging at the side.

"Alucard!" She yelled.

Grock came below and helped her down before turning and throwing a boulder to the other chopper, his roar loud and angry.

Miya aimed at the man who was trying to kick Alucard to fall.

She held her breath. One degree of a mistake and she would hit Alucard.

She took her chance and fired.

Her arrow pierced the man right at the side of the neck.

Alucard looked down at her and gave her a nod before he hauled himself up and inside.

A few seconds later, that same helicopter came lowering down.

Chou and Granger jumped in and it lifted back up.