TORN

So sorry for this very late update 😭 I just couldn't get my thoughts in place.

Hope you'll enjoy this chap!

And could you do me a favor? Hype me up in the comments, I need motivation. 😪

Always loving you guyssss,
Mongjiiiii

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

"Are you certain you could do this alone?" Gusion heard Chou ask through his earpiece.

He sneaked right behind one of the guards who were stationed at the top of Baker's building, their whole body wrapped in heavy protective gears and a rifle in their arm.

Gusion slashed his blade across the man's neck in a smooth and silent motion that the other guards weren't able to hear it.

He caught the lifeless body before it could hit the ground, and dragged it right behind the elevator wall where he robbed it with his gears and wore it himself.

"Are you kidding me?" Guinevere's voice rang on the other line, her voice ringing with bitterness. "If there's one thing he's best at, it's wreaking havoc in a place."

She was unfortunately voted to stay with Aurora back at the headquarters to be their all seeing eyes and ears because of the issue of her magic. And Gusion was totally aware how bitter she was about it.

Aurora was this girl who could create and manipulate ice, the one who managed to capture Dyrroth the night before.

Chou and Karina on the other hand were headed towards Baker's direction, ready to ambush him before he could reach the building where he could have everything under control.

"Stop being cross with me, Guin. Communication's important here."

"You're good to go, Gusion."

"Got it." Gusion answered and sneaked into the elevator. "Guin, can you just help Aurora monitor the place? It's not my fault your magic's blocked."

"Right. Because without it I could definitely not do anything. Shame." She replied sarcastically.

Gusion held his earpiece as he pressed a button with his other hand. "Guinevere, you know fully well we couldn't risk getting you captured by Baker's men."

"Who said anything about getting myself captured?!"

"No one. But we both know who's a little more impulsive than me."

"Oh, could you stop arguing? Both of you?!" Karina interrupted, who could definitely hear them on her other end of the communication device.

"Paxley, watch out." Guinevere snapped, suddenly serious that it alerted Gusion instantly. "Ten heads approaching."

Gusion took out his blades and gripped it tight as the elevator continued to descend, its eerie silence now filling Gusion's anxiety.

"The laboratories are on your right side when you get off." Aurora informed. "Be careful though. More employees are walking in and out of it."

"Copy that." Gusion answered just in time for the elevator to stop and the doors slid open.

He caught his breath when men with the same gears and weapons passed by and glanced on his direction.

He got nervous and almost forgot he was wearing the same uniform as them that he had to force his feet to move towards Aurora's said direction, trying to act as normal as he could.