THE SO-CALLED TRUST, CRACKING

Guinevere came right in front of the girl before any of the demons and orcs could get their hands on her.

"Touch her and you're dead." She threatened.

The tone of her voice was enough to make them stop and back away.

"We can't just let her leave." Dyrroth butted in and grabbed the girl by the arm.

"Let go of her!" She warned him.

But Dyrroth glared at her. "Stay out of this. She's not even human!"

"What are you talking about?!" She asked.

"See for yourself." Dyrroth said, pushing the girl to her direction.

Watching him being so harsh on the girl hurt something inside Guinevere, a spark of disappointment hovering in the surface.

For a little while back at the river, she thought she saw hope for him to be good.

But as she stared back at his evil eyes now, she started doubting it.

Guinevere drew near the girl who cowered as she scanned all the towering monsters around her with her innocent round eyes.

"She's merely a mechanical doll, Guinevere." Selena said.

She was now back in her usual form; her bright pink hair falling straight down to her waist and her skin a lighter shade of violet.

She had always wondered why Alice and Dyrroth had been very cautious around Selena before, but earlier, she saw why.

Selena was nothing like the bright and bubbly Selena she knew when she'd let the  Abyss demon take over her body.

Guinevere was somehow relieved she was back to her usual state.

Guinevere grabbed the girl's arms and realized what they meant.

The girl's arms felt lifeless, just a mere moving wood with invisible strings moving them.

Was that why the others left her there?

As if to say otherwise, the girl whimpered and Guinevere saw a genuine look of fear in her eyes.

A doll was not capable of making such pure emotions.

"I'll take her."

"You're not planning to send for help through her, are you?" Dyrroth asked.

Guinevere turned to him, now completely convinced he had no hope of changing back into a normal human.

His expression was smirking, as if he was taking advantage of the fact that she would not be so stupid as to get back to her loved ones and cause them their doom.

"You're hopeless." She said with all the hatred she could muster.

Dyrroth merely chuckled, unaffected. "Fine. Keep her. She wouldn't have any group to go back to anyway."

"What? What did you do to them?!" The girl demanded.

But one of the orcs kicked her back to the ground before jumping away from Guinevere's magic energy that exploded on the ground.

"I said don't touch her!" She warned.

The orcs stepped a couple of steps away from her.

She placed a hand over the girl's armored shoulder. "Don't be afraid. Come with me."

"How fascinating. A prisoner keeping another prisoner." Dyrroth laughed as the two of them headed to Guinevere's tent.

"Who are you?" The girl asked when they arrived inside the tent.