BATTLECRY

Guinevere was still at the balcony when she caught a bit of movement in the corner of her eyes.

She stared at it's direction but could only see the outlines of the blooming winter roses against the darkness.

Was it just the trick of the light?

Or was it similar as to what she saw that night in the tavern?

She stood from the bench she was in and cautiously headed to its direction.

Had Faramis managed to sneak inside castle unnoticed?

Was he here to capture her at the command of that blood demon queen?

"Lady Guinevere——!"

She yelped so loud it startled Cynthia as well.

"Cynthia!" She blurted out.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to startle you, milady."

Guinevere let out a sigh and glanced behind the winter roses.

"Your bath is ready, milady."

"Alright." She answered, tearing her suspecting gaze from the darkness. "Let's go."

Cynthia walked just a little behind her as they walked through the corridors.

"So how was your day with the Lord Vermilion, milady?" Cynthia asked.

Guinevere glanced at her over her shoulder to see the maiden beaming. "It's quite alright. Why?"

"The whole castle is talking about it."

"About what?"

"About your wedding, of course!"

"And what are they saying about it?"

"Well, the elderlies are excited about the feasts coming right after. The maids, on the other hand, are being so excited for you!"

Guinevere stopped for a bit to wait for Cynthia so they could walk side by side.

"Excited for me?"

"They can't help but swoon over the Lord Vermilion's kind smile!" Cynthia was close so squealing with how high her voice was sounding as she spoke. " And we all see the way he treats you..."

"Oh..." Guinevere forced a smile and did not say more.

"Are you nervous, milady?"

"What?"

"Are you nervous?"

"Well...quite a bit."

"It's natural to be nervous, they say. Especially on what comes after."

Guinevere frowned and looked at Cynthia.

The maid looked flushed and embarrassed.

"What...comes after?"

"You know..." Cynthia whispered. "The..." She cleared her throat and spoke in a lower tone. "...the consummation."

Guinevere tripped on her heels that Cynthia had to catch her by the elbows.

"Are you alright, milady?!"

"Ye-yes." Guinevere said, flustered.

She had been so distracted about Gusion and how to escape this damn ceremony that she failed to even look past it.

How could she not think that far ahead?

She didn't want to think that far ahead.

She could never do that with anybody else. No. Never.