King of Fighters

Gusion watched with a dejected heart as Guinevere disappeared up the staircase, Dyrroth following right behind her.

He couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe how Guinevere could always find another way to hurt him, and for that he couldn't help but be angry.

He trusted her. He trusted her fully that she would not give in to the allure of darkness. But all of those trust were drained as he saw how determined she was at standing up for Dyrroth.

Dyrroth! The evil prince who was planning to destroy everything they had ever woken up to, just to give his army of monsters freedom to roam the Land of Dawn.

The evil prince who had almost killed both of them with his ruthlessness.

He couldn't quite get how Guinevere could forgive someone who had done so much evil not only to her but to everyone around her.

So he stood his ground as he watched them both leave.

A part of him urged to follow, to grab her and stop her from leaving.

But anger overpowered his fear of losing her completely, and he just turned his back and walked towards the quarters, clenching his fist as if holding on to his own control.

He barged into one of the rooms, and only then did he let out a loud sigh and swept his hand down his face.

He was just so confused.

What does he have to do?

He strode towards the window, looking up to see if they had left.

Regret was dawning up so fast that it made his stomach sink in a wave he had never felt before. It was unsurprising considering the fact that he had never really regretted anything in his life, even running away from his family was a choice he would always do again and again if he was given a chance to turn back time.

But Guinevere, he had this weird effect on him; she makes him feel emotions he had never felt before, always confusing him of the choices he had made.

One thing was for certain though; he wouldn't be able to sleep a wink tonight just thinking about where Guinevere had gone off to.

So he climbed up the window pane as the bubble car zoomed past overhead, flying off into the evening traffic of the skyway.

He wanted to keep Guinevere by his side at all cost, but he couldn't stand the sight of that evil prince.

He could've just went against Guinevere's will and attacked Dyrroth, he was confident enough that the others would back him up had he done so.

But he just couldn't get himself to go against Guinevere. The mere thought of letting her down planted a fear inside him that he knew he couldn't get rid of.

But what was he supposed to do if she seemed to be drifting off towards the other side?

Follow her. That was the first thing that rang in his mind.

Feeling so stupid for what he was about to do, he still activated his venom armor and was about to jump off towards the next building when the door of the room swung open.

He froze, looking over his shoulder to see Chou in the threshold, surprised to see his position.

A moment later, he scoffed and walked inside.

"You're a softie after all." He muttered.

Gusion got embarrassed but he frowned at him. "Shut up."

"You said to leave her be, didn't you?" Chou asked, slumping down the one seater in front of the bed. "Then why are you going after them?"

"Who says anything about going after them?" He denied.