Divide and Conquer

Gusion woke up with a heavy headache and a searing burn on his left shoulder.

He grunted as he tried to get up and felt pain on the same spot, but he temporarily forgot about it the moment he registered his surroundings.

He was on a receiving room that was much more larger than the one they had at the KOF HQ.

The couch he was in was long and wide and so comfortable to sit at, and a low coffee table was in front of him.

On the wall in front was a wide screen monitor that wasn't turned on.

And he could see through the floor to ceiling glass wall that the place was hundreds of feet over ground which only confirmed the assumption that it was pretty expensive.

Then a monkey came squeaking its way to his direction and jumped up to his lap.

"Dexter!" A human voice called.

Gusion looked up and saw the guy from before.

"You're finally awake. I thought you weren't waking up anymore." He said, taking a jar of water from a cooling appliance he had and poured some on a glass over the countertop. "Let me ask one thing; who's Guin?"

"H-how do you know her?"

"I don't know her." The guy answered and drank from the glass. "You were muttering in your sleep, which was actually helpful since it's the only thing that says you weren't actually dead."

Gusion could already tell judging on his words that the guy was as tolerable as Granger.

"But please, tell me who this Guin is. She seems to be interesting."

"Shut up." Gusion snarled and swung his feet off the couch. "Who are you anyway?"

"The name's Claude. And that's Dexter." He introduced, glancing at the monkey who was now over Gusion's shoulder and was somehow picking through his hair.

"How long was I unconscious?"

"Hmm... two days...? No. Three. I mean, today is the fourth day."

"What?!" He snapped and sprung to his feet. "We should have planned something by now." He muttered and started heading to the door.

The others must have been wondering where he'd been.

He could imagine Saber already mocking his absence. He was probably laughing by now as he joked his probable death.

"I must go." He said, taking Dexter off his shoulder and was about to exit the door when he realized something.

He turned to Claude again. "What were you doing at Baker's estate?"

Claude glared at him and looked away. "None of your damn business."

"Were you trying to get in or break out? Were you a captive there? Did he experimented on you guys?"

"I'm not. Why are you asking questions as if you know much about that scoundrel's acitivities?"

Gusion's jaws clenched.

He didn't want to talk about it to a stranger, but he just felt like he would understand better than most people.

"I almost got turned into one of their killing machinces."

"You're a cyborg?" He asked, looking at Gusiin from head to toe.

"No. This armor's different." He explained. "So tell me why you were attacking an enemy you know you couldn't take down alone."