THE NOT-SO-GREAT ESCAPE

Heyyyyy! I miss you, guysss!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 😘

A little GuGu fan art celebrating Christmas! ☝🏻Hope you'll like it!

...................................................................................

Lesley had been standing in the middle of Gusion's room for the last ten minutes.

They had arrived at Venom Headquarters almost a week now, yet the others were still in search for Gusion and Guinevere

They had all been worried sick they didn't make it, especially with their knowledge that Dyrroth went after them when they ran away from Alice.

She doubted that they were dead. She knew it would take a great deal to kill those two.

But she wondered where they were, or if they were lying helpless and wounded in some place.

It still made her chest heavy whenever she thought about them being together, but then again, what's new with that?

She might have to get used to that fact because it seemed like nothing could separate those two.

She let out a sigh and looked away, avoiding from hurting herself by thinking about them.

Instead, she distracted herself by looking around.

Gusion's room looked so lifeless and cold. There was no sign of him ever being in that room.

There was just a bed and an empty bedside table.

She guessed he probably had been too busy to sleep in that room.

Gusion was like that. He never stopped until he achieved what he wanted. The other Venom members even said Gusion was a little strict on his plans thus making him a good leader.

Lesley couldn't help but be proud of it.

Years ago he was only good at managing himself, doing everything by himself. Now he got people to lead and protect.

His determination had always amazed her that she later found herself slowly falling in love with her childhood friend.

Her eyes teared up at the memory of her as the only girl who could approach Gusion so openly. It was different now.

They were different now.

She knew it started when she had left him alone to pursue his own goals.

She would've given anything to turn back time and change her decisions back then. She would've chosen to stay by his side whatever he did, and maybe things would've turned out different.

A series of knocks disrupted her thoughts, and she turned to the doorway where it came from.

"Are you alright in here?" He checked, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned against the doorway, his gaze traveling around the room. "Are you sure this is Paxley's room?"