The Proposal

Gusion reached the top floor of Aurora's Castle.

The cold throne of ice glaciers stood proudly in the middle of the throne room, grave and serene as if it was demanding its owner's presence.

Gusion crossed the room, careful not to step on the transparent floor of ice overlooking the thousands of meter drop right in front of the throne.

He wondered if Aurora enjoyed watching criminals drop below it as she sat gracefully on her throne.

Knowing Aurora's ice cold aura, he had no problem picturing her doing it.

He went straight to the other side of the room as Lucas instructed, and entered the high and heavy door that led to a completely different room that he was almost convince he had stepped into another dimension.

As soon as he stepped inside, the temperature rose several degrees.

Inside were trees with shimmering leaves, grass that swayed with the nonexistent wind, and a small wooden bridge over a spring that steamed from its warmth.

At the end of the room was a gushing layers of waterfall, gathering right into a circular pool that had pink lilies and petals floating on the surface. Its water sparkled as if it was bathed by moonlight.

Gusion headed towards the bridge, which was the center of the place. He leaned against its railings and waited for Guinevere.

His heart was beating fast.

It was like those times he was still unaware of his feelings towards her.

He always felt excited at the idea of seeing her soon and thinking back, she seemed to be the reason he stuck to fighting all those evils despite his selfish nature.

Her stubborn and headstrong personality got him hooked right from that moment he watched her escape the castle guards from both of their houses.

He felt something trembling from inside his vest. He fished it out.

The Cube.

He stared at it. He could feel its power vibrating right out of its capsule and into his gloved hands.

He could do anything he desired with it on his hands.

But right now it looked useless.

Or maybe because Gusion wanted nothing more than Guinevere being with him.

He already got his heart's desire.

Had he acquired it months before, he would've been ecstatic.

He would have gone back to the Land of Dawn, showed everyone especially his family how trully skilled he was and how wrong they were of outcasting him.

But now all he wanted to do was hide away from the world.

With that thought, he realized something.

Something swelled inside him, and a rush of heat and breathlessness ran through his veins and lungs, gathering the newly found nervousness that had gathered in his gut.

His heart leaped as the door opened and footsteps echoed through the place, making him drop the cube as his fingers trembled.

He hastily picked it up before turning to the door.

A smiled crossed his face as soon as he saw who came in.

"I got lost a couple of times." Guinevere said as she headed towards him.

Her dress was now in her style; fully belled out and lots of room for her legs to move.

"I-I should've fetched you from your room." He said and met her half way. He couldn't believe he was stuttering.