A DEATH UNFORTOLD

Guinevere felt something break within Gusion, and with that knowledge came the fear.

She was losing him again.

She couldn't lose him again.

"Gusion? Gusion, get up!" She shook him by the shoulders.

He was trembling on the floor, and as he stayed there with his forehead pressed against the floor, she saw how his hands clenched around his blades tightly.

"Gusion?"

Gusion finally got up.

But there was something different in his face.

His jaws were clenched angrily, his eyes were loathing, and the aura around him felt like they were back in the Barren Lands, dark and dreadful and deadly.

Alpha's weapon fired another batch of laser bullets at him, but this time Gusion turned to him, his eyes glowing a dangerous electric blue color.

Before Alpha could realize what was happening, Gusion flitted to his direction and pierced a blade right into the nook of his shoulder.

A mix of blood sputtered out of that area accompanied by sparks, and the cyborg sputtered a very human sound that made Guinevere feel the dread inside her.

She couldn't believe it.

What was Gusion doing?

He didn't usually kill people that easily.

She watched in horror as Alpha's limp body collapsed into the floor and Gusion turned to her.

She caught her breath as he paced towards her direction, his eyes looking like a battle was going inside his head, different sparks of emotions flashing every other split second.

"Paxley, snap out of it!" She demanded.

But Gusion paced towards her, his blade hand trembling.

Guinevere scrambled to her feet and did not know whether to go near him or not.

"Gus, don't scare me like this." She pleaded.

"I told you to go away." He snarled deeply.

"I won't go away! Not with you like this!"

He screamed as he raised his blade up, its point aimed towards Guinevere.

"Stop it!" Guinevere threw herself at Gusion, hugging him tight and shutting her eyes as she waited for the cold sharp weapon to pierce right through her back.

She waited. And waited. And realized it should have hit her seconds ago.

She opened her eyes and relaxed when she noticed that Gusion had froze.

He was standing still, his blade now held by his hand beside them, still trembling but not flying at her.

She leaned away slightly to look up at his face.

It was filled with suppressed pain and anger and other things she could not read, but it was almost as if he was trying not to hurt her.

"Lady Guinevere?" A voice called from behind her.

She turned and saw Claude running to their direction, and Gusion took that as a chance to grab the Cube and ran.

"Gus, wait!" She called, going after him as he flitted past Claude and disappeared into the corridors.

"What happened?!" Claude asked, bending right next to his friend who was still passed out on the floor.