Ursula Academy

GUSION breathed in Guinevere's familiar scent. It was a week ago when he thought he was going to lose her to his brother.

And hearing her talk to him last night at the balcony was painful enough, like he was listening and doing nothing while he was losing her.

He tightened his arm around her, not getting enough of her warmth he had longed to feel.

A week was too long for him not to see her.

"You could not imagine how relieved I was when I saw you rip that dress to shreds."

She pulled away to look up at him, a crease present in her forehead. "You saw that?"

He smirked. "Hell, yes."

She had no idea how much respect and love she had earned from him with that act.

It took him a lot not walk straight out towards her and kiss her right then and there.

He planted a kiss on her forehead instead, trying hard not to lean more for her lips.

"How did you get in?" She asked. "And what happened to your face?"

She reached for his face and carressed the cuts and bruises that were all over the place.

Gusion smiled and took out something from his pocket, getting nervous.

"I was trying to muster this."

Guinevere looked at it.

A glowing box hovering an inch over Gusion's palm.

Seeing her expression, he could say he was getting the exact reaction he was expecting.

Guinevere frowned and backed away the moment she realized what it was.

Her face went from the Guinevere who vould risk her life for him to the Guinevere who wanted to strangle him and throw him to a pack of wolves.

But what did he expect? He loved her for both sides.

Which meant he had to face the storm that was coming.

"Y-you..." She stopped herself from snapping at Gusion.

He knew she was repressing the words she wanted to say.

And Gusion was afraid what those words could be.

Was stealing the cube enough to create a strife between their feelings for each other?

"W-when did you...since when..." She let out a sigh and turned her back on Gusion, who grabbed her too quick and made her face him again.

"I know. I'm sorry. But I just had to."

"What about the others?!" She blurted out. "Do they know? What do you think will happen——they need that, Gusion! Alice is with them at Zen!"

Gusion stood there, gripping the cube and looking helpless. "We wouldn't have gotten out of Zen if I didn't have it, Guin. And right now, it's the only thing helping me to be here. To be right in front of you."

"I know! But still——!" She cut herself off and looked away from Gusion.

"Look, you can yell at me for being so selfish later. We have to get out of here first!"

Gusion held the cube out and a spiraling blue portal appeared out of thin air.

Then he looked at her cautiously and stretched out a hand. "Now will you come with me?"

She stared at him, and he got nervous when she didn't move for a moment.

A piercing glint crossed her eyes as if for a second she considered dumping him.