The DEATH OF ME

Gusion woke up with Guinevere still in his arms.

He looked around, wondering what time of day it was. He felt like he slept for a very long time that his body felt too heavy to move.

He knew he should be getting up. But he was reluctant to let go of her.

He tightened his arms around her waist and buried his face against her back, filling his lungs with her addicting fragrance.

The scent brought flashbacks of last night into his mind, making his heart flutter.

Last night was a blur and Gusion felt so guilty upon letting all of his desire take over and do everything he wanted with her.

But last night he also realized how much Guinevere had control all over him. He was deeply, completely, and badly into her.

He wanted her to own every part of him and she was undeniably in every part of him. He wanted nothing to do with the world as long as she was in his arms.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Gusion sat bolt upright upon the knockings on the door.

"Lady Guinevere? It's Lucia! I'm coming in."

He panicked. He quickly slid off the bed, carelessly slid into his trousers and shirt. Then he grabbed his boots and saw his vest lying at the other side of the bed.

But the door already swung open so he blinked right out of the window.

"Lady Guinevere. I'm here to deliver your dress." He heard Lucia announced as he pressed his back against the tower, the ledge he was stepping in only enough for his feet.

He blinked over the roof until he came on one of the balconies where he put on his boots.

He was about to walk in and casually head to his room as if he had just came from a stroll, but his steps halted upon hearing the caution and furtiveness of the voice he heard.

"...certain that woman did not send them to spy on us!"

Gusion pressed his back against the wall and strained to listen. What could they be talking about to have such anxiety in the air?

"Relax, Hector."

Gusion felt a sinking feeling in his gut, one that he felt whenever his subconscious warned him of danger, upon recognizing the voice.

Timeus.

"We know this palace more than anyone." Timeus said. "And they don't know...that the mountains in the East Wing is so much rougher than its other sides."

"You're planning to send them there?" Hector asked. "The man looks dangerous. And do not be fooled by the sweet gaze of that lady's eyes!"

Could they be talking about Gusion and Guinevere? Gusion grew cautious. What could this two be conspiring against?

" I know!" Timeus snapped, anger now in his voice. " She told be clearly not to underestimate the lady."

Gusion frowned. She?

" When is she coming?" Hector asked.

Gusion gritted his teeth, ready to confront the two of them when the door inside burst open and two pairs of footsteps walked in.

" Those bloody pirates!" One of the newcomers snapped. " They raided the supplies again!"

Feeling the conniving atmosphere drop, Gusion calmed himself down.

He decided he should investigate more about Timeus and Hector. He had a feeling they were conspiring about something the others did not know of.

He blinked into the nearest balcony instead and took the corridors.