THE DESCENDANT

Hello!

I'm actually very sleepy while writing this so please excuse typos and if the chap has loopholes. I'll patch them up on upcoming chaps.

I actually considered not uploading today, but there's this greeting I do not want to delay.

To TomiokaSensei101 HAPPY  BIRTHDAY! Just know that you are much appreciated. Hope you live well and laugh lots. 😊

And to you my babies, I promise a better chap next upload. Thank you and I love you lots.

❤❤❤❤
mongjiii

†**************************************†

Granger could not bare to watch his fellow demon hunter being bound that he had to leave the scene.

He walked away from where the others were camping, following the trail of the river, distracting himself by how the moonlight glistens against the water.

He remembered how Alucard used to stare up at the moon during missions, because it always reminds him of the only girl he ever loved, the same girl who was weeping next to him right now.

Granger wondered if Alucard would ever be able to stare up at it again and feel peace, and fear crept through his chest at the possibility that Alucard might not be able to anymore.

Granger stopped when he realized he had walked a great distance, and saw a large rock almost reaching at the middle of the river.

He walked over it and finally sat at the side, his silhouette reflection visible at the water.

Wanting to stop the anxiety that had been growing inside him, Granger took off his clothes and dipped himself into the water.

It was almost ice cold, making him shiver. But it also took his mind away from the matter at hand.

He walked further away from the shore and laid back, his gaze now straight up to the sky.

He wondered if him, Rafaela and Alucard would be able to go back to the Monastery again, eat together like old times.

He wondered if Guinevere would really be able to acquire freedom.

He wondered if Gusion would really be able to reach such an impossible goal of getting his hand on something so powerful.

And he wondered if Lesley would really be able to marry the love of her life.

With that thought, something inside him seem to sink.

And with it, his body tensed, making him sink underwater.

He didn't try to swim up. He just let his entire body go deeper and deeper into the water, testing his ability to hold his breath, until he hit the bottom.

He felt his lungs started to tighten, but he endured. He wanted to test his limits, just to take his mind away from his worries.

Only when his lungs felt like it was about to explode did he kick up, bringing his head over the surface and he gasped a lungful of air.

He was sweeping his hair back up and was wiping the water off his face when he heard a splash somewhere near him.

He hadn't taken a good look at who it was who had just jumped off into the river.

But he froze, because he had literally nothing on at the moment.

He glanced at where he left his clothes, and was about to head towards it when someone resurfaced out of the water.