EMPTY

Gusion writhed in so much pain. He seemed to be drowning, dying from excruciating agony that he couldn't bear.

He remembered grunting, screaming so loudly as his head felt like it was being split in half.

He tried to open his eyes, but there was only darkness.

He screamed even louder, hoping for someone to hear, wishing for the pain to stop.

Scenes flashed through his mind, all switching to another before he could register what they were.

But he kept getting glances of a particular person; a lady with chestnut hair, her gaze always fading away before he could get a vivid view or the color of her eyes.

He remembered feeling warm every time she appeared in the images of his brain, then overtime he went melancholic, then hurt, the one that could make a person want to die.

He cried. He didn't know why but he knew he was crying. He could feel the warm liquid running down his face.

"Gusion?" A voice called.

It was distant. But it made his heart skip a beat.

"It's alright. You're alright." Her voice sounded so soothing that he literally felt the pain subside.

Then he felt something touch his face. Something warm and comforting. And that warmth wrapped around him, gradually making the pain fade away...until he was calm.

Calm enough to listen to the sound of the heart beat.

He wondered if it was his. Or this someone.

"You're safe now." The voice said again.

And it sounded so reassuring that Gusion hadn't resist diving into unconsciousness again.

. .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Gusion stood at the top of the tower, trying to find satisfaction at the ruins around it.

It had been a week since he woke up from that nightmare.

It had been a week that he was living without Guinevere, and he wondered how he could ever go on like this.

Without her, living wasn't really living at all.

It was like merely existing without a purpose.

How could one exist without a purpose, he wondered.

The only thing making him going was Alucard and the others.

It was them who forced him out of his room everyday, reminding him of the revenge he had to take, reminding him of a score he had to settle.

And with those encouragements they had made progress of what they had started; taking every means Baker could use to tyrannize the city even more.

The building he was in was yet another of his property that was about to go down, but he couldn't help but be angry.

They destroyed every building they discovered was his, but as soon as they get to the last brick there was still no Baker to find.

The fact that Alice seemed to have a part on this made him furious. It was her. She certainly had a connection with Baker.

It was her all this time.

And Gusion was impatient to get his blades on her throat and finally get the satisfaction he craved.

"Gusion." Alucard called, cutting his chain of violent thoughts. "Let's do this."

He merely looked at him.

He was tired. Tired of getting disappointed right after every attack, tired of getting even madder everytime Baker escaped, tired of bearing this heavy painful loathing that had been burning in his heart.