YOURS. FOREVER.

Gusion and Guinevere had just barely landed on the roof of one of the houses in the main village of Land of Dawn when a boulder came flying towards them at an incredible speed.

He had to hurl Guinevere away from its direction before it could hit both of them.

"What was that?!" he snapped as they both turned to where it came from, peeking under the hooded cloak they had around them to conceal their faces.

Then came a loud nasty bellow on ground, where a dozen Palace guards were trying to subdue a troll thrice their size and height, who thrashed its dirty long arms filled with boils and threw whatever was in its reach.

This time it threw a cart filled with logs, earning a scream from the spectating terrified villagers.

"What is a troll doing in the middle of the Village?" Guinevere asked, pacing through the roof as if to jump and help.

Gusion grabbed her arm and stopped her.

Before she could protest, Gusion flicked his blades downwards.

To his surprise, his blades made of silver iron looked like they were glowing glass. A dozen set of it flitted through the air swiftly, reflecting purple and sky as they changed direction the way Gusion directed them with his hand until it pierced through the trolls body, all 12 of them hitting different vital parts from head to toe.

He heard a collective gasp from the crowd below and a disastrous thump of the still body of the troll before all the heads turned up; to where Gusion and Guinevere's hooded figures were.

Gusion took it as a time to yank Guinevere off her feet and ran away, jumping from roof to roof until he was certain no one had followed them anymore.

They came at the edge of the village, farthest from the Palace and Gusion set Guinevere down.

"I think we need to change these cloaks." Gusion said, glancing down to the dark blue cloak made of velvet that he was wearing.

"I don't know. I like the color on you." Guinevere said, and he could almost see the smile judging on the tone of her voice.

He couldn't help but scoff a chuckle. "I am serious."

"You have the Cube." She said confidently as she took his hand. "No one in the soldiers are strong enough to capture us with that."

Gusion pushed his hood off, frowning at Guinevere. "Are you suggesting for us to become fugitives?"

She came in front of him, pushed the hood back on before tiptoeing to reach for a peck of his lips. "I'm suggesting a life free of worry."

"You'd just brought us to the place where we would likely be separated and you're telling me not to worry?"

"Ssshh." She held his face and kissed him again. "Do not think about me. I want you to regain your glory here."

"I told you, I---!"

"Let's go find a place to stay for the night." She led him to start walking.

"We don't have a single coin in our possession."

"Hmmm." She reached for her neck and held out an emerald embedded in gold chain. "I wonder how much this would cost?"

"Guin!"

"Let's go find out."

"Guin!" Gusion called again but Guinevere had stubbornly walked ahead of him.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Gusion was lying at the bed, staring at Guinevere who was smiling like a child as she ate her porridge at the small table of the room they had acquired in a tavern.