Haunted

"Paxley?" Guinevere muttered when she stirred in her sleep and caught a glimpse of Gusion drowsing in a seated position leaning against one of the beech trees.

The fire he made earlier that night had burned into embers, barely giving light against the breaking dawn.

He lifted his head up when he heard her voice and he shook it to wake himself up.

"What are you doing?" She asked, sitting up. "You should be asleep."

"No. I'm alright."

"You're literally nodding your head off!"

"I'm alright, Guin!"

She went next to him anyway.

"You should go back to sleep." He said.

"No. You should sleep."

"Guin~ don't be stubborn."

"No. Don't be so stubborn, Paxley."

He sighed out loud.

"You need sleep. Especially with those injuries!" She insisted and reached for his shirt. "Let me check it."

"What are you doing?!" He asked, leaning away.

"Just let me check if it's not bleeding anymore!" She pressed, slipping her hand through his shirt to feel if the cloth around his injury was still wet with blood.

She flinched when Gusion suddenly grabbed her hand and took it out of his shirt, his aura suddenly shifting.

"I'm alright."

She sighed in surrender and sat next to her against the tree instead, his shoulder touching against hers felt warm and comfortable.

"Fine. Let's not sleep till dawn."

"Guinevere Baroque."

"You do whatever you want and I'll do whatever I want."

Gusion sighed in surrender. "Fine! I'm sleeping, I'm sleeping."

She stiffened when he sprawled over and rested his head right over her lap.

"If anything comes, be sure to wake me." He said, getting comfortable in her lap and unaware of how hard her heart was beating.

"I-I will." She stuttered.

And she sat there silently, thankful for the dark to hide her face which was certainly tomato red by now.

"Guin?" He muttered a moment later, his voice sounding drowsy and heavy.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry... for taking you away without your consent."

"No." She played with the hair over his forehead and stared at him affectionately.

He looked like a fallen under the moonlight, his eyes so blue against the dim light as he peeked at her through his sleepy lids.

"I'm sorry it had to involve Alice before I'm able to run away with you."

He smiled, his eyes fluttering until they finally stayed closed, his hand reaching for her playful hand. He pressed it against his face and gave it a kiss before he finally fell  asleep.