LAST CHAPTER: Castle Gorge, Losing

Gusion was blinded by the sudden streaming of light inside his chamber.

He wasn't certain how long he had been locked up. It must've been days, or weeks for that matter.

All he had been doing was stare blankly at the dark corners of the underground chamber he was in and doze off when his eyes couldn't handle the darkness.

He couldn't understand why the verdict was taking so long.

And when it finally came, it came in the face of Vermilion Paxley, his expression dark and unreadable.

"Came to collect your payback?" Gusion managed to ask through hoarse throat.

Vermilion instead threw him his glass blades, which clattered and echoed through the chamber loudly.

Then the man walked away, leaving Gusion puzzled as he picked up his blades and followed his brother.

"What is the meaning of this?"

Vermilion cast him an angry look. "Are you mocking me right now?"

"What are you talking about?!"

Instead of an explanation, Vermilion grabbed him by the collar and slammed hi against the wall.

Gusion could only glare back at his brother whose eyes looked like they were full of loathing.

"Lord Vermilion!" A castle guard came to them urgently.

Vermilion did not take his glare nor his hand off Gusion as he said, "What?"

"Castle Gorge...it's under attack."

Only then did Vermilion let go of him and both of them hurried out of the castle.

"Where's the Cube?" Gusion asked, glancing over his shoulder at Vermilion, who looked reluctant. "Where is it?!"

"In the Observatory."

Gusion turned to its direction but was stopped by Vermilion.

"You're not laying hands on it again." Vermilion said firmly.

"We need it against Alice."

"Not. in your. hands."

Gusion grabbed his brother by the lapel and slammed him against the wall leading up to the observatory. "Then who do you supposed should use it?"

Vermilion, instead of answering, merely glared at him.

Gusion tightened his grip on his brother's collar. "Need I remind you who brought such powerful artifact in this House?"

"Which is why such powerful artifact shouldn't be trusted to someone unstable!"

"Unstable?!" Gusion snapped. "If anyone here is stable enough to handle such power, it is me! Now back off before I use it to kill anyone who comes in my way from getting to Guinevere!"

He let go of Vermilion harshly and hastened to the top of the observatory.

He opened the door just in time to see the form of a blond boy stepping into an actove portal in the middle of the room.

"Dyrroth!" Gusion rushed to catch him, but the boy merely chuckled and disappeared a split second before Gusion could grab a hold of him.

Vermilion arrived at the threshold and failed to see the scene. "Where is it?!"

"We could've gotten here earlier!" Gusion exclaimed and landed a fist on his brother's face.

Then he dashed out of the observatory.