RED AND BLUE

"Planning your great escape?"

Guinevere turned her head and saw Dyrroth approaching over her shoulder.

She was sitting at one of the rocks in the river, her feet soaked in them as she stared at the spot where Selena disappeared.

Alice had left earlier with a bunch of orcs and demons. Selena said they were already heading back to the abyss, leaving a few in the camp to recruit more Abyssal Creatures around the Land.

As Guinevere watched Dyrroth crossed from the riverside to the large rock she was in, she wondered why the boy did not go with them.

"Yes." She answered and waited for some grand retort.

But he merely sat on the rock, just a yard away from her, and looked straight ahead.

Guinevere couldn't help but notice he had gone less violent on her recently, and it made her also mellow down on him a bit.

"What? No violent reactions?" She provoked.

"Let's just see when you actually do that." He said.

"What would you do?" She asked out of pure curiosity. "If I really take a chance and escape?"

He stared at her, contemplating on what he would do. Then he finally said, "I don't know."

She frowned. "You don't know?"

"Yes. I don't." He answered.

"Wouldn't you come and chase after me?"

"Why? Do you want me to?"

Dumbstruck, she merely stared at him.

Why was he asking that question?

Shouldn't he be telling her he would be killing anyone she would be with if he managed to catch her?

"What?" He pressed when he got no reply.

"Why would you ask that to your captive?" She asked, completely confused.

"Are you still one though?" He asked. "I mean, look at you. You're not locked up, you're not bounded, you're completely free to run right now. Any other person would've fled by now."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm saying why are you even still here, Guinevere?"

His question hit hard on her.

He was pointing out something she should've seen before.

To stay away from the ones she valued? That seemed to sound completely lame even for her.

If she really needed to be away from her family, then she could've just escaped and went in hiding.

So why did she choose to stay?

"Are you suggesting I should run away right now?"

He merely looked at her, his expression unreadable. "If you feel threatened and harmed, then shouldn't you?"

Guinevere frowned, because she definitely wasn't feeling threatened and harmed anymore.

She did not know when it started, but she was definitely starting to get used to the camp.

"But..." He added, his voice faltering as he looked away.

"But what?"

"If you're not feeling like that at all then—!" His voice got cut off when Guinevere suddenly leaned forward.

She was so surprised upon seeing the crystal in Dyrroth's chest glowing blue that she forgot to keep her distance.

She had gotten used to seeing them in dark and hot colors that she was so fascinated upon seeing them in a cool one.