Liars bounce on Fire

Guinevere realized it too late.

She and Gusion were fending off another attack in an unusual part of town when she realized the situation was worse than they expected.

As soon as they took down the couple of giant ogres whose skin were unlike the ones they'd defeated before.

This one had skin as hard as scales, as if it were an offspring of a troll and another monster, probably a dragon's.

And as if to prove Guinevere right, another one came marching in the inner part of town, so close to the gates of the palace.

She and Gusion, under their cloaks, had to pause and take a clearer look at the incoming monster.

Its physique was human-like, but in a beatly manner with canines potruding out of its lower lip and its eyes yellow as wolves.

But it was where the problem came. Through its slightly opened mouth came out smoke as ot growled, and where its fingers were supposed to be were talons, sharp and large.

Its skin shone in the texture of green and res scales, a dreadful combination made by its dragon and ogre origin.

As if one wasn't enough, a couple more came behind it, one larger in size, the other leaner but taller.

"Gus? I think we should go..." she muttered.

Gusion nodded and grabbed her. Just when they were about to flee, a force so hard knock them out of the air and into a brick house nearby.

Guinevere gritted her teeth as she felt a bone break.

But she scrambled to sit and looked around, pushing her head of her head as she frantically looked for Gusion.

He was a couple of meters away, grunting in pain but getting up.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

She nodded. "Looks like they're angry."

He smirked, wiping the blood at the side of his lips. "We beat up their baby brother."

He took out his glass blades, and Guinevere knew better than to stay close.

Lately, she noticed how Gusion had been getting better at channeling the Cube's energy into his swords, making it swifter, sharper, deadlier than it ever was before.

It took a great toll on him to use such powerful artifact, but she couldn't help but be proud of his progress.

Her, on the other hand, couldn't as much as hold the cube for over a minute without feeling like her head was going to explode.

So she had only been watching Gusion take control of it in a distance.

The glass blades, shining translucently in shades of purple and blue, hovered all around him as he paced towards the angry dragontroll brothers.

"It really is the Lady Baroque and the outcasted Paxley." she began hearing murmurs.

"So the rumors were true."

"They did elope."

"But I thought the lady was already committed to one of the Paxley sons?"

Before Guinevere could make out more of the murmurs, her attention went back to Gusion who was fighting the three creatures simultaneously.

Only when one of Gusion's glass blades made a long slit through one of the troll's spine did she notice something odd.

She stared at the sticky sripping blood of the troll and realized what it was.

The long tear of flesh were reconnecting, the wound disappearing.