Shadow of an Ally

Hello! Sorry for the very late update. Things just aren't going too well lately.

I hope you guys are doing okay. I missed my babiesss. I miss reading your comments. And I miss having to sit down and have a peace of mind and just let my ideas magically turn into stories. I'm not able to do that lately. 😢

Well, that's all from an author expressing how much she misses her babies soo much 😘

Now read on...

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Hanabi managed to lift off their bubble car before the bomb hit the KOF HQ, but the heat and gas combined was enough to send them swirling into the air wildly that she had to grip the steering wheel tight to keep herself from being knocked out of the vehicle.

As soon as the vehicle stopped spinning in midair, she twisted to check on Angela and Harley.

Hanzo was still trapped in Angela's strings, and he looked so angry about being shook around unable to fend for himself with his limbs all tied up against his body.

"What should we do?" Harley asked.

"Get out of here, of course!" It was Hanzo who answered.

Hanabi frowned at him. "You realize they're here to rescue you, right?"

"Do you think that's how a rescue mission goes?!" He snapped, his eyes willed with anger that she couldn't quite understand. "They're trying to end me!"

"Why?!" Angela asked, her eyes round with confusion.

Hanzo's teeth bared as if he was about to snap some mad remark towards the living doll but it was cut off by another explosion at the rear end of their vehicle, jerking all of them forward.

"They're firing at us!" Harley informed urgently.

Hanabi kicked the gas pedal and turned the car around.

"The point is to run away, you idiot!" Hanzo exclaimed.

"We're doing our part of this mission." She told Harley and Angela.

"There are hundreds of men below, armed with the latest weapons! You're gonna get yourselves killed!"

Hanabi ignored what he said and gripped the steering wheel tight, sending the vehicle into a dive.

"Harley!" She called.

Harley leaned out on his side of the car, his jaws clenched and a crease of determination formed in his forehead.

She kicked the gaspedal hard when they came hovering a feet overground, running over everyone in their path.

Harley took it as a chance to throw rings of fire at crowds of guards, trapping them inside until it scorched them.

Soon the whole road were filled with screaming guards on fire.

Just when Hanabi decided they should take off to think of another strategy, the front of their car blasted.

The four of them got sent several yards in different directions, Hanabi feeling a searing pain in her shoulder as it took the most impact of her fall.

Her eyesight was still blurry, but she could still make out form of the chopper hovering overhead.

It was obviously the one who fired at them, and as her vision cleared up she realized a sniper had its scope aimed on someone below.

She quickly followed where it pointed and saw Hanzo, still tied up and struggling to get up.