GUINEVERE'S FEAR

"LET ME OUT OF HERE!!!" Guinevere's voice was so loud it could've reached every being in the vast wood they were in.

The tent she was inside was just supposed to be a large piece of off white cloth and she could've gone out easily if it wasn't for the restraining spell Alice had set right around it, preventing her to get out.

She had attempted to escape five times within the last three weeks she had been captured, one of which she managed to use her Violet Requiem on Dyrroth, who was probably still recovering at the moment.

But this was a different kind of escape attempt.

She glanced over her shoulder and saw the ebony black, eight-legged creature twice the size of her fist approaching her direction.

The hair on her arms and the back of her neck were now standing on ends just as she stared at the spider.

"LET ME OUT!!!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs again.

She turned to the spider's direction, making sure it wouldn't get on her without her knowing.

She screamed as it made a jumping stance and was about to sprang towards her direction.

Just then, someone from outside pushed her out of the way upon entering, sending her to the floor as the spider reached where she was a second ago.

She turned around just in time to see Dyrroth slicing the spider in half with just a slash of arm, where his spiral blades were.

Then he turned to her, a look of displease present in his face. "What the hell are you screaming about?!"

Guinevere got to her feet, anger now rising up in her head as she marched towards  Dyrroth.

"You dare send a spider in here!" She swung her fist to his direction. But Dyrroth stepped back, her fist hitting nothing but air.

"I did not send any spider anywhere!"

"It was you!" She insisted. "It's to get back at me for last week, isn't it?!"

"I haven't gotten back at you for last week yet so you better watch out!"

"UUUGGHH!" She let out an angry groan and turned around, heading back to her bunk where she'd spent the last three weeks doing nothing.

"What? No escape attempt this time?" Dyrroth asked, amused.

Guinevere merely casted him a look and slumped herself over the bunk, the feeling of fear and shame and panic now coming back in her chest.

"Oh, now I get it." Dyrroth smirked and headed to the one-seater couch of the tent. "Alice told you."

Guinevere squeezed her eyes shut. She did not want to remember any of it.

But she couldn't get if off her mind.

Alice, who abducted her when she was a child, had taught her to be ruthless and merciless at such a young age.

No matter how much she convinced herself that it wasn't true, she couldn't deny the fact that she finally had answers to some things she had found confusing before;

Like why she had the passion for magic when her family wasn't really reliant on it.

Or why her family was so protective over her whenever she go out on trips out of the Academy and Gorge.

And the times she was so angry she felt like something was about to snap inside her and make her do something so unforgiving.

She sat up and faced Dyrroth. "So you knew me? The first time we met in the woods?"