CHANGES AND CHANCES

"You have to let me go, Lancelot. Please!" Guinevere pleaded to her brother who was sitting right across her inside the carriage.

He had her hands tied up behind her to keep her from attempting an escape, which she would have done already had only Lancelot wasn't sitting at the side of the carriage where the door was.

"Enough, Guinevere. You'd worried everyone enough."

"You don't understand!"

"I do understand!" He snapped, looking upset at her. "You're trying to keep everyone away from you in case you would do something bad. But you won't, Guinevere! That won't happen to you! Not while I'm around!"

Guinevere was just staring at Lancelot, surprised why he knew her situation. "H-How...?"

His brows furrowed as he stared at her, his eyes piercing and angry yet apologetic. "I'm sorry I hadn't watched over you enough. Before and now."

"Y-you know?"

"How could I not?! You disappeared for a year, Guinevere, and I couldn't forget how angry I was at myself for not watching where you'd ran off to!"

She blinked back the tears that started to form in her eyes. "So you knew? All of you? But I found out about it from the person who abducted me before and abducted me again?"

"You came back without any memories. We were all just surprised that you started developing magic, and got so interested about it. Mother and Father couldn't stop it, but they thought it would be better for you not to remember."

"Such bullshit." She cussed. "I would've found ways to control it already had you guys told me about it! Alice wouldn't have been so keen to use me against my own family!"

"No one thought she was patient enough to wait sixteen years to do that!"

She sighed, composing herself as she felt a burning sensation in her gut. "Fine. Mother and Father would've been so cautious. But you...we were literally together all the time. How could you not mention it to me?"

"What would I tell you? Hey, Guinevere, you used to be so much worse when you were a child, is that it?"

Guinevere let out a frustrated sigh and looked out the window, her jaws clenched.

Her eyes widened as she saw someone behind one of the trees in the woods.

His blond hair was trailing down to his shoulders, his eyes crimson red, and his lips were stained with dried blood.

"Is that—!"

Her voice was cut off when he disappeared in a blur, and the next thing she knew, someone was already screaming in fear outside.

Lancelot hastily got to his feet and pushed the door open, only to get knocked off the carriage as it abruptly stopped and toppled to the side.

It sent Guinevere slamming against the walls before it stopped toppling, with her now lying over the window with her hands still unreleased and a new searing pain in her ribs.

The screaming had stopped, and Guinevere struggled to her feet, only to scream when she saw the new comer crouched over their coachman, who was now lying bloody and dead with his eyes wide open.

The predator lifted his gaze up to her when she screamed, and she saw how his eyes glowed a rich red because of the bloodlust.

He seethed, and started heading towards her direction.

Nervous, she tried to get up to the door. But her hands were of no use.

"Guinevere!" Lancelot yelled, but the new comer already lunged towards Guinevere, sending her back inside the carriage as his weight came over her.