IRRESISTIBLY GUINI

After that night, Guinevere locked herself up in her room again, only eating whenever Dyrroth or Granger would dare come in and bring her food, which she had always been grateful for, though she was never going to say that out loud towards any of them.

She also sneaked out when everybody was already in their rooms late at night, raiding the kitchen and eating whatever was left in the cupboard.

Until one day, some days after Gusion promised he would never bother her again, Granger came knocking on her door. But not to give her food, it was too early for lunch, but to get her out of that room.

"Leave me out of it." She said and looked out of the window.

Zen City didn't really have a daytime, its skies had always been dark, which suited Guinevere well.

It was easy for her to pretend it was night and fall asleep whenever she feels like the anxiety inside her was about to resurface again, making her blame herself for the things that happened so far.

"You just have to sit in a corner, Guinevere. You don't have to do anything else." Granger pressed.

"If you wanted me to stay in a corner and pretend I'm not there, why not just let me be literally not there?"

"Oh come on, Guinevere, could you be obedient just this once?" Granger said, his tone making Guinevere turn to look at him.

He had an anxious crease on his forehead, finally acquiring Guinevere's attention. "What's wrong with you?" She asked, purely concerned.

Granger looked away and sat at the edge of her bed. "Nothing."

Guinevere glared and walked towards him.

"Ow!" Granger complained when she flicked the middle of his forehead where the crease was.

"That's is definitely not nothing, demon hunter."

"How could a lady flick that hard?!" He complained, holding his forehead.

Guinevere crossed her arms over her chest. "Spill." She ordered.

"Don't command me like that."

"Is this about Rafaela?"

"No." He answered.

"Then Lesley?"

She caught how Granger looked at her as if she'd hit the bull's eye, confirming her suspicion and creating a smirk from escaping her lips.

The situation was getting even more complicated that it bitterly amused her.

All of them. Hurting all at once. How much worse could it possibly get?

"It's not about her." Granger denied.

"Tell me, how did your feelings complicate things between you two even more?"

"I told you it's not about her!"

Guinevere rolled her eyes and let out an irritated sigh. "Fine. If you're not telling, then get out!" She pulled him off the bed and pushed him towards the door.