GROWING APART

Gusion had been traveling for days when he finally came into a town.

He had passed through the Moniyan Empire, and went north east from there, following the stone which glowed blue whenever he pointed it to the right direction.

It was already night, and the breeze was cold, and Gusion was hungry.

But he couldn't bring himself to stop, because the stone was glowing the brightest ever since he left.

Harley told him it would do that when Lesley was within about twenty meters in radius.

He frantically turned around, watching the blue stone and observing at which direction it glowed brightest.

It did that when he came facing one of the dark streets ahead.

So he headed there, cautious of any burglars that would dare attack him during the night.

He came past a couple of defective light posts and arrived right in front of a three floor tavern, whose lights were all turned off now except for a torch at the top of its entrance.

He squinted when a figure caught his eyes.

And as he came closer and stared harder, he realized it was actually a couple of people, the tall guy hugging a girl with trailing red hair.

He was about to be decent and just walk away from them when he realized something.

Lesley had trailing red hair!

He abruptly stopped and turned back to their direction, only to have his temper rise when he recognized the two of them.

"What the hell?" He blurted out as he headed towards their direction, slipping the stone into his pocket.

The two of them pulled away and turned to his direction, their eyes widening as soon as they recognized him.

"Gusion." Lesley muttered.

But Gusion already advanced towards Granger and grabbed him by the collar. "What the hell, Granger? Are you taking advantage of Lesley?"

"What?" Granger muttered, his brows furrowing in confusion.

"How dare you lay a hand on her?"

Granger stared at him for a couple seconds before he scoffed in bitter humor.

"Seriously? You're saying that to me?." He enunciated with hate as he pushed Gusion's grip off his collar. "Screw you."

"Granger, that's enough." Lesley butted in as she pushed them away from each other.

Then she faced him, her expression firm that it made him confused.

"What are you doing here, Gusion? And where's... Guinevere?"

"That's what I came here for." Gusion said hastily as he got reminded why he was there. "You have to help me."

"Help you with what?" Granger asked.

"Guinevere. She's in danger. Dyrroth and Alice have her."

"What?!" Granger snapped. "WHY did you let that happen?!"

Gusion could see the panic in Granger's eyes as he said that, and he knew why.

Granger knew what happened to Guinevere when she was five. He knew what Alice did to her.

Gusion shook his head. "I didn't know! And  I don't know if she's alright or if they're doing something to her or if she's..." His voice faltered, too scared to mention the other possibility.