Warning: Just a Filler

Guinevere woke up in the middle of the night, the ticking of the clock in her chamber the only noise in the dead of night.

She glanced at the dying light of the candle at the round table across her bed, then to her other side where Gusion was.

He was slouched over a cushioned seat he had pulled to the side of her bed, his hand loosely holding hers as his head had tilted to one side, fast asleep.

She carefully pulled her hand out of his hold, very careful not to wake him up.

But a slight movement made him jolt awake and he sat right up.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"I am. You should get to sleep. Go back to your room."

"But I don't want to leave you." He leaned over to check her temperature against his palm.

"I feel fine." She assured.

"I still don't want to go though." He said, transferring to the edge of her bed.

"Can't you be obedient for once?"

"Just let me be here."

Guinevere rolled to her side facing him. "Then come lie next to me."

Gusion smiled. "Now that's a good suggestion."

He sprawled to his side over the bed, facing her.

The room was getting dimmer, but she could still make out Gusion's smile and the color of his eyes growing even bluer against the dark.

Lying there in the silence, she was then again reminded by dreadful thoughts.

Visions she's had before, the times she felt like something else was growing inside her, something that seemed to be gaining control.

The dread came back in her gut after a long time of being forgotten.

Did they do the right thing of coming here?

"What are you thinking?" Gusion's gentle voice broke her doubtful thoughts.

"Nothing."

"You never stop thinking."

She smiled. It was amazing how much he knew about her. "I do though."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"You only stop thinking when you're asleep."

Guinevere reached out and pressed her palm against Gusion's face. "It's times like these that I stop thinking."

The room was now filled with darkness, but she felt how Gusion's face stretched into a smile and his hand came over her waist and pulled her close.

"You're getting good at controlling me, aren't you?" He said as he pressed his forehead against hers.

"I'm not."

"You are though." He planted a kiss on her forehead and pulled her into his arms.

There went her heart again, racing like a winning horse, as if Gusion hadn't done this several times already.

"You should sleep." Guinevere said.

"I will." He responded, but he tilted his head down instead, his lips running down her neck, his arms tightening around her.

"Gus..." She protested, knowing where it could lead again.

Gusion stopped and burried his face against her neck instead. "Right."

Guinevere blushed.

"I think I should retreat back to my chamber for the night."

"Right."

Gusion pulled away and touched her face. "What do you say that we'll meet at the throne room tomorrow?"

"Throne room? What will we do there?"

"Nothing... I heard there's a hotspring right next to it. It'll be really great against this freezing climate."

"Alright. I'll see you there."

"Morning."

"Morning then."

"I'll be waiting."

"Alright."

She received a kiss from Gusion in the dark right before he let go and slid off the bed.

"Sleep tight, my love." He muttered in the darkness, leaving Guinevere smiling even after she heard the chamber door slam close.

*****************************************************

Just letting you guys know that I missed you. 🙆🏽