𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐢𝐱𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩

Charlie Huntington

Babe: you know I never did anything to hurt you, why is it such a big deal?

Charlie stared at the phone screen, unable to think of a reply. His eyes kept scanning over the little words. He didn't know what they meant anymore. Another text rolled in seconds later.

Babe: it was just a little kiss, that's all.

The few words pounded against his thoughts. What he really wanted to do was to fly all the way back to Texas and see that she still had the same feelings for him.

Babe: you know I love you, Charles.

If you loved me, you wouldn't have even thought of being with him.

Charlie slouched in a corner chair near the window of his hotel suite. The luxury meant nothing to him, his whole world just came crashing down.

He started typing vigorously on his phone, tapping harshly against the screen. 

I loved you, tears started to blur his vision, he blinked over and over again so they could fall. I love you so, so much. How could you do this to me? How could those moments we shared fade all of a sudden? Don't you remember our memories? Don't you remember the times where we held each other for so long, saying all of those meaningful words? Does that not matter to you anymore? What did I do to make you feel like you had to go around kissing other guys?

Then he stopped typing, he wiped his wet cheeks and pressed the delete button. He looked at the messages once more, his eyes scanned the dreadful words. Without a thought he threw his phone, making it crash against the hard floors. He didn't care if it broke.

But another ding! went off and the screen lit up. He glanced at it, seeing that the text this time wasn't from his girlfriend.

Gi-Gi: hey, Kaufman is here if you want to set up right now.

The mission... he had been so distracted with his own problems, he completely forgot about his responsibilities on this trip.

Wiping his face against his sleeve, he picked up the phone, observing that it wasn't injured or cracked. He quickly opened the text and typed a reply to his co-worker.

Hunt: sorry, I lost track of time.

Gi-Gi: no worries, I'll be in the lobby when you're ready.

Hunt: alright, be down in a few.

He inhaled a deep breath, forcing himself to stop feeling... feelings. He needed to focus on the task ahead. Heading over to the washroom, he splashed water onto his face. He quickly patted himself dry and changed into a hoodie with dry sleeves. He tied the laces to his shoes and grabbed his jacket.

And on a Sunday of all days...

~~~

Giselle Daniels

"Goodmorning," Giselle said as she saw the tall blonde walking towards her. But her smile quickly disappeared when she saw the dark circles under his eyes and his lips pressed in a thin line. He looked pretty bad.

"Are you alright?" She questioned.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he answered too quickly.

"Do you want to grab breakfast before we begin?" She continued.

"No, I'm not hungry," he kept looking off to the side, observing the lobby area. It was quiet except for the voices echoing from the dining hall that was serving breakfast at this hour.