𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏: 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

Walter Warner

"Who's to say that Carmen actually got away?"

"Yeah, he could be dead for all we know."

"We could probably still track that van down."

As the irritating men in Warner's office conversed on the topic, Warner stared at the newspaper on his desk with a glass in his hand.

"Enough already. Carmen is gone, and we don't need him," Warner mumbled.

"But, boss, you said it yourself, Carmen was the only one who was smart enough to complete these tasks-"

"I know what I said!" Warner exhaled the cluster of anger that seemed to be building up by the minute, "it doesn't matter anymore," he rested the cup on the arm of his desk chair.

"So, what now?"

Another guy turned to him. "Kyle, I swear if you ask another dumb question I will-"

"You won't do anything," Warner's tone was deep, "it wasn't a dumb question, I bet he was genuinely curious."

Warner's cold eyes blazed into Kyle's. The rest of his workers piped down.

"We need to figure out what's happening at the agency."

Nobody said anything, they waited to let Warner continue his thoughts.

"Where do you think they've stashed Jorge?" A small smirk formed on his lips.

"The freaky Spanish guy?"

Warner nodded, placing the old newspaper down on his desk. 

"That guy did all of the dirty work. If we're going to get away with making sure the CCPA's finest agents go down, we need a guy like that."

Kyle laughed. "What do you want us to do? Go into his jail and break him out of there?"

Warner didn't seem amused, neither did the rest of the guys. "Yes, Kyle, that's exactly what I'm saying."

Kyle's smile dropped, embarrassment clouding over.

"How much time do we have, boss?"

"No longer than a couple of days. The quicker, the better."

The three men nodded and walked out of his office.

Warner spun in his chair, throwing the newspaper to the side. He leaned his head back as the dark plans spun around in his mind.

I need to find a way to make sure Matthew doesn't get out of that hospital. The others will be easier to handle.

He looked over to a monitor that showed all of the rooms in the building. One screen showed an awake and alert Charlie. Another screen showed an unconscious Giselle.

Warner's smirk returned to his face. 

"Where's your righteous team now?" He laughed.

~~~

Matthew Perry-Benson

Matthew stared at his phone in his left hand, his eyes kept drawing attention to the IV attached to his arm. The feeling of a needle poking around in his veins kept making him shiver.

He was debating on whether he should reply or not to the text. He didn't know who it was, and the thought of him getting into trouble where he couldn't even try to save himself under the circumstances made him question everything.