𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐: 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝

Jacob Rhodes

"Jorge, what are you doing?" Jacob said through gritted teeth.

Jorge swapped the gun before Jacob had a chance to use it. It was Jorge that decided to shoot the pastor, nobody else did. The noise from the trigger led to complete chaos as people were trying to flee the church.

"Trying not to die!" Jorge grabbed his arm and dragged Jacob while they ran towards the back door.

Jacob quickly grabbed ahold of Julia as Jorge tried to lead them out of the church. People were still running towards the front, bracing themselves and trying to save their lives.

Jacob felt a tug on his jacket, turning he saw a fearful Julia staring out from the stage in the sanctuary.

"Jacob... who are those people?" Julia whispered.

Jacob looked and saw two familiar faces running towards the stage. Sudden panic made his heart feel like thumping out of his chest.

"Jorge, where's the backdoor?" 

"Uno moment," Jorge turned his back from them and started pulling different things out of his pockets.

"Jorge, what are you doing?"

"Aha, finally," Jorge reloaded the gun and clocked it, spinning around to face the two people that seemed to be making their way closer down the aisle.

"Run, I'll take care of them," Jorge whispered.

"Are you crazy? Where are we supposed to go?" Julia whispered back.

The two people slowed from their running, making slow steps towards the stage.

"We aren't here to hurt you," the woman said. The man looked less confident in her words.

"You're working for Warner, right?"

Julia nodded, looking intently at the woman. Jacob grew greatly confused, trying to hide the poor girl behind him.

"We can help you," the man said, looking directly at Jacob.

The jacket. I knew I remembered that guy from somewhere. That's the guy Warner warned us about...

"We don't need your help," Jorge pointed the gun at him, pushing Jacob and Julia behind him.

"You have to understand that we can protect you, keep you safe and let you return to your lives," the woman started to walk forward.

"N-No, don't come any closer, or I will use this."

"Please, you have to let us help you."

Jacob started backing away. "Follow me," he whispered to Julia.

"Hey! Wait!"

"I said don't come any closer!" Jorge yelled, and before they knew it, another bullet was fired. The sound echoed against the walls and came flooding back, piercing their ears. The schrill of a scream followed.

"MATTHEW!"

Jacob broke into a run, grabbing Julia with him. He made his way behind the stage and up the stairs through a door. Slamming open the door with his shoulder, he stopped at a halt, feeling Julia bump into him.

"T-This isn't an exit," he examined the small room, it looked like an office. A desk was at the side, a bunch of files were placed in drawers and the window was open just a crack.

He could tell Julia was just as scared, her breathing was heavy. "What do we do?!"

Jacob looked around, hearing the sound of footsteps appearing to come closer, he walked into the room and poked his head out of the window.