𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎: 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

Giselle Daniels

Vanessa entered Giselle's room with a serious look on her face. "What's wrong? Did something come up on the system?" 

Giselle looked up at her from her huddled position on the bed, wiping the tears from her cheeks. 

"What happened, Gi?" Vanessa's voice lowered into a softer tone, she took off her shoes as she climbed onto the bed to see Giselle.

Giselle sniffed. "I'm just not having a good night."

"Talk to me, what's going on?" Vanessa leaned back against the headboard.

"I feel like we're stuck, and it's all my fault."

"What are you talking about?"

"The system kept crashing and each time I couldn't fix it. Now we're even more clueless and have no idea where to go next."

"Hang on, you seriously don't think the whole system problem and tech van complications is your fault, right?"

Giselle's silent tears kept falling down her cheeks, Vanessa grabbed her sleeve to wipe them away.

"Is that what's really going on here?" Vanessa looked at Giselle intently.

Giselle sighed. "I feel like Charlie is hiding something from me."

"What do you mean?" Vanessa's serious tone came back.

"When we stopped for gas, he went to fill up the tank, meanwhile his phone was left in the pocket of his bag. Remember when we saw all of those messages from someone coming in?"

"Yeah, he never looked at them."

"Exactly, and he's still not. The same person is still texting and calling him and he's trying so hard to ignore it."

"Giselle, maybe it's personal-"

"But I can tell it's really bothering the guy. I know we're only co-workers, but I thought we were friends too. Why would he continuously try to hide the fact that these messages keep coming in?"

She could tell Vanessa was rethinking the situation in her mind.

"You're not suggesting that he's part of whatever Warner's plan is?"

"What? No, no, I don't think it's that, I trust him. But it's becoming more suspicious than I think he wants it to be."

Vanessa leaned back again, facing Giselle. "Gi, maybe you're just overreacting. Charlie has a personal life, let him live it out, okay?"

Giselle took a breath and laid down beside her. "I just want him to know he can be open and honest with me."

Vanessa smiled. "I know, Gi. You have a really big heart and want to be there for everyone, but Charlie is a big boy, I think he can handle his own personal problems."

Giselle nodded. "You're right, you're right. I'm just being overdramatic. It's going to be alright."

"Charlie will open up to you only if he wants to. You have to remember that he's a more reserved type guy."

Reserved, sure. Honest, hopefully.

"You don't have feelings for him, do you?" Vanessa teased.

"What? No! That's ridiculous!" Giselle looked away, trying to hide her blushed cheeks.

"Okay, okay, alright, didn't have to get so defensive about it," Vanessa laughed.

"So, where were you and Matt before I texted you?"

"We went out to eat."

"You've been spending a lot of time together."